[AI] Path's ( waypoints ) - problem

Ok, my problem: create, edit, assign a path made by waypoints to a patrolling AI, having multiples paths for different AI’s. Visually edit path waypoints.

So far I cant find a proper way to do it. I’ve tried different ways, none of them is satisfying.

My question is: is there a proper way to solve that or shall I wait for UE devs to implement such a thing. I have a request in “Feedback for Epic” also, posted long ago.

I am basically stuck here and I can’t continue my game because of this.

Could you not set up a integer with a random and from that random choose a different target point?

Regards

If you look at my AI guard tutorial series on youtube, in the last few videos I go through the setup of a waypoint system that uses weighted random selection for the guard. You could use that as a basis for a more complex waypoint system pretty easily.

The man knows :slight_smile: check out the tut.

Thanks for the video’s but those do not solve my problem.

I am referring at a system lets say similar or improved to UDK waipoints with ability to modify path points in editor:
https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UsingWaypoints.html

or something similar to this (despite the fact the control points are not connected for a better path visualization):

[QUOTE=TDoro;211367]
Thanks for the video’s but those do not solve my problem.

I am referring at a system lets say similar or improved to UDK waipoints with ability to modify path points in editor:
https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UsingWaypoints.html

or something similar to this (despite the fact the control points are not connected for a better path visualization):https://youtube.com/watch?v=2DhGqWEB4F8[/QUOTE]

Have you actually watched the later guard videos? I mean the ones with the waypoints in? If you have, what other features do you want to see? You can edit/place waypoints, give weights to the probability to select next waypoints, the AI can follow the path (with the weighting allowing for some selection). You could pretty easily extend that feature set with things like only allowing players with a certain tag to follow a specific child link etc.

If you can explain what it is you’re actually wanting to do, I can offer some advice.

@

Phil, I am doing almost exactly how you do it in mob AI tutorial, however, I did not find any way to draw permanent debug lines between waypoints to see the full path, and if you have multiple paths, is difficult to see who goes where.

There is a setting on the debug line drawer to say how long the line is there. I think there is a “permanent” setting on that? (pretty sure there is a check box) How would you want to visualize who goes where, if you can show me an example of what you’d like I can make a quick video showing how to do that.

This is how I draw actually a debug line between waypoints, unfortunately, this goes in construction blueprint, and is not permanent, if I move one waypoint, I can see the debug line. If I increase the duration, I am getting something nasty because is drawing intermediate debug lines.

So I am looking for something to have those waypoints connections lines shown in editor.

@

One more thing (sorry I did not say it early), I’ve put this in another reply intentionally: superb AI tutorials and explanations, thanks for Youtube videos, nicely done !:slight_smile:

Hehe… thanks :slight_smile:

How about this. How about having a beam emitter component as part of the waypoint actor and set its start and end points in the construction script? Then enable/disable the beam emitter component by using its set hidden in game property?

I’m not at home right now so I can’t try it out. But I’ll give a try when I get back and see if that would work better than the debug draw line version. You might want to have one beam per connected waypoint child, so that you can draw connections.

I’ll look into it and make a video later if that doesn’t make sense.