Download

AI not moving on real Android device

Hello there,

I am making an amateur game on my free time and I was happy with the progress until I tried it on an Android device. I have been always testing the game using the “Play” function on “Selected Viewport” and the AI works fine there, it chases the player. But if I launch the game on a real android device, a tablet that I have, the AI does not move at all. The Blueprint is very simple and when tested on debug mode with breakpoints each piece seems to do what is supposed. The AI even works when I test it on “Mobile Preview ES3.1”.

Can someone help me on how to debug this problem? Did someone experienced the same issue when testing a game on the real device?

Here is the Blueprint of the AI:

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Raul

Hello, I am having the same issue. The blueprint is similar to the one shown here.

I am having same issue. Using 4.25.1.
I am using behavior tree and AI should roam around till it sees player and run for cover.
On PC it works fine.
On android it doesn’t roam around, just stay on their position, but when it sees player it does run for cover and do according to behavior tree .

is behavior tree is too much process for android ?

Been trying to search for a solution to this for a few days myself, to no avail. Started with standard BT behavior for the AI, which worked fine in editor for the last few weeks but not when I eventually deployed to my test device. Messed with all kinds of settings that I could think of and found suggestions for online, nothing. Re-made the blueprints to use custom AIMove To and Set Focal Point nodes instead of the built-in Move To and Rotate to Face BB Entry nodes in the BT, thinking that the BT nodes might be the issue (even though Rotate/Shoot always worked fine). Everything else in the game seems to work as it should, enemies just won’t move around the map once it’s deployed on my Android device. Can’t figure it out :frowning:

For anyone that may run across this thread in the future, it appears I solved the riddle (at least in my particular case). Ended up changing the navigation mesh settings from Static to Dynamic, and after working out the issues this brought along (quite processor heavy?) it’s now fully functional on Android device.

Project Settings > Engine > Navigation Mesh > Runtime > Runtime Generation (Dynamic)

Based on my experience I would exercise some caution with this setting. I found some of the other meshes in game that were set to affect navigation and it seemed to cause a lot of extra calculations to take place. I also set the “observed paths tick interval” to 0. So, just a couple extra words of caution

Just to add i had that issue also. It happend when loading a Level with OpenLevel command. If i had my Level already opened AI would move as usual. The issue probably came from different agents on navmesh and to solve this i just had to delete navmesh the dependancies, apply a new navmesh and rebuild navigation on the level i had the issue. Hope it helps :slight_smile: