AI Deceleration?

I have an AI Character that is issued a stock MoveTo Task through his Behavior Tree. When the AI reaches his destination he stops instantly. I would like the AI to decelerate smoothly to 0 speed instead. What is the best approach to accomplish this?

I was able to get the AI to accelerate and rotate smoothly very easily by turning off “Use Controller Rotation Yaw” in the Character details, then turning on “Orient Rotation to Movement” and reducing the Max Acceleration in the CharacterMovement details. However, when I tried modifying “Braking Deceleration Walking” and “Ground Friction” to get deceleration working, I could find no settings that had any effect.

The AI’s speed is being fed into the Animation Blueprint which uses it to smoothly transition between animation states, so the lack of deceleration is causing the anims to pop abruptly whenever the AI comes to a stop.

What I’d like to know is, do I need to build my own blueprint to handle the AI’s deceleration, or is there a simpler way to do it “out of the box” (as there was for acceleration and rotation)?