AI content spam

Something needs to be done about the endless spam of AI content, the people selling it add multiple packs of them a week and it’s getting hard to avoid it all.

Some don’t even disclose they are AI generated. With marketplaces like Steam cracking down on AI content in games it could lead to issues for developers who don’t know better, not to mention the ethical issues with using content that is not 100% yours.

Can there at least be a mandatory flagging tag for AI? Let us opt out of seeing AI generated assets? Because I intend to never buy or include anything AI generated in my projects.

3 Likes

Hey there @BTeur! According to this page in the marketplace help listing, all assets created with AI are required to be tagged as CreatedWithAI. If any aren’t tagging them as such, they would be in violation of the agreements set forth in the Epic Content License Agreement and Marketplace Distribution Agreement. You should be able to filter for NoAI or filter against CreatedWithAI to never see them again (of properly tagged).

https://marketplacehelp.epicgames.com/s/article/Introducing-the-NoAI-and-CreatedWithAI-tags?language=en_US

Please note: the latest Epic Content License Agreement and Distribution Agreement require products that are made available for download be tagged as “CreatedWithAI” if they have been made with generative AI programs.

Additionally, we have updated our Marketplace Distribution Agreement, which governs the rights and obligations of sellers on the Unreal Engine Marketplace. Here’s what’s changed:

Seller’s ability to tag content with “NoAI” tag is explicitly called out.
Sellers agree to apply the “CreatedWithAI” tag to any of their assets that have been created with generative AI programs.

If it’s true that all assets created with AI are required to be tagged with the “Created with AI” tag, the “NoAI” tag doesn’t mean that the asset wasn’t created with AI (as a lot of people suppose), but that the creator of the asset doesn’t want their asset to be used to train the AI.

In tandem with the introduction of the “NoAI” and “CreatedWithAI” tags, we are introducing some changes to our Epic Content License Agreement .

• If you wish to protect your content from usage by generative AI programs, you may tag your content “NoAI”.
  • You (and other users) agree not to use content marked as “NoAI” in datasets for, in the development of, or as inputs to generative AI programs.
  • If you make your work downloadable, you agree to tag any of your content that is available for download and that has been made with the use of generative AI programs as “CreatedWithAI”.
  • Epic agrees not to use any of your content in datasets for, in the development of, or as inputs to generative AI programs.
  • Epic agrees not to license any of your content to third parties for use in datasets for, in the development of, or as inputs to generative AI programs.

A lot of AI created assets are marked with both tags meaning “Yes, I did this with the AI, but I don’t allow anyone else to further create AI assets using this pack”.
So far, so good except that in the current Marketplace - at the difference for example of Artstation one - one cannot exclude a tag. One cannot say: “I want to see all assets, except those created with AI” and that’s a problem.
I doubt they will fix this problem now that they are developing Fab, but maybe they can put all assets “Created with AI” in a separate category.

Introducing the NoAI and CreatedWithAI tags - Community / Marketplace - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

1 Like

The filter needs to be on by default and to be a big clear button not something hidden under a search tag. You really aren’t looking at things from a buyer’s perspective. (You would of course be a lot better off not allowing AI in the first place)

A casual buyer will come to the asset store, type what he is looking for in the search box or scroll through the categories. By allowing obvious AI stolen content you are completely ruining the marketplace.

2 Likes