Download

AI Character still moving to the player when he cannot see the player?

Hi folks, I’m following this AI tutorial :https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…ees/QuickStart
The quickstart for the behavior tree.

I think my behavior tree is set correctly

As well as the find player service

When the player is seen by the AI, the AI chases him. As you can see, I print what is within AI’s radius of awareness, and what he can see in his LOS to the player

When the game is created, there are a cube block the LOS between the player and the AI, the behavior tree stuck at the service.

However, once the AI has “see” the player,the AI will keep “seeing” the player even if he cannot.

Is there a problem with the service to find the target to chase or maybe there is something wrong elsewhere?

Thanks…

So I have to do this?
That’s not the tutorial suggests, I guess?

And then it can go to the right sequence…

But I got a lot of errors…

Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetBlackboardValueAsActor_ReturnValue from function: ‘PerformConditionCheck’ from node: Print String in graph: PerformConditionCheck in object: BT_CloseEnough with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetBlackboardValueAsActor_ReturnValue

Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetBlackboardValueAsActor_ReturnValue from function: ‘PerformConditionCheck’ from node: Return Node in graph: PerformConditionCheck in object: BT_CloseEnough with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetBlackboardValueAsActor_ReturnValue

It said the problem is within the print string and return node…But this is what the tutorial told me to do…