AI Character Get Stuck

node does not work after building my game.
the jumping isn’t working after building the game.

@Mind-Brain bro, can you help me?

Hey @williamalex1677! Welcome to the forums!

I don’t think I’ve ever fully removed the simple link for this and I haven’t had any problems. Other than that, looking over what you’ve got I can’t see ANYTHING different from how I’d do it, minus using a jump boost variable to set on the height difference.

Usually I would suggest leaving the simple link and letting that be the base, and using the “Smart Link is Relevant” check box.

Hope that helps, sorry I couldn’t suggest anything more in-depth.

1 Like

I tried that and put the simple link with it and copied the same location for the smart link.
in the editor, there is no problem and everything works fine, but when I build (pack) the game, the AI doesn’t know about the NavLink. I don’t know if the engine is not building the NavLink. but I tried full build in the packaging-project settings. still doesn’t work (only when I pack).
do you think this is an issue with UE5.4?

It’s definitely there- because otherwise it wouldn’t be able to jump off from above, it would turn around and go down the ramp, and it would use the ramp to follow you up, too.

Wait- What about putting that delay in? Looking through the official documentation that’s what I’m seeing is different, it seems… pointless, but I don’t know why it would be there if it was.

Alternatively, you can do this without using the Blueprint Interface and try it that way.

Maybe try putting in printstrings to show where in the Execution line it’s reaching?

maybe I should try using a different version of Unreal