Agile,Waterfall,Scrum Project Management in UDK (experiment)

Introduction

do you remember the time when you was a child…?
it was quiet easy find others and become friends,playing together and sharing the same interests…

how is it today?
we all got older and…
the flow between people doesn´t work properly,anymore.

people have forgotten how to communicate to each other…
society have become a,“on smartphone starring non communicativ objects”.
crippled down by the hidden ruler of this world through engineering etc…

what has this to do with UDK?!

well,
it´s more a common thing not only related to UDK.

however,i always asked my self what kind of game would be created when all the high ranked developer would reunite and do such task.
i can only guess…

i noticed,here are only a couple who still or started to use UDK.
we should stick more together since this is such a small group,imo.

you call this here a community?
well,its more like train station where strangers have a short conversation to bypass the time.

it´s not that vivid community what i seek and want.
probably,
i´m doomed to be just a spectator in this george orwellian changes…

and probably,no one will have his dream game realized by lifetime as a single person,and if,it won´t be to his true satisfaction…
everyone floats like leaf in the wind arround…and shows a competitve or blocking attitude torwards the rest.

so,why not trying something else?
like,
acting in a dynamic group!?
using the concept of brainstorming a problem,together!
is way more efficent to use the power of 10,20 or 40 instead (1).

heh,what?
push your ego down for a greater goal,for your goal,let´s become friends and let´s working together,uhm in realtime :slight_smile:

when you participate in this experiment and stick truly to this concept,i can tell you for sure,your project will become faster realized!

so why not give it a try??

this entire idea works of course only with people…

in order to sign up,
just show here up and name your best skills in UDK.

there are classes like:

-all sub classes of material editing(include material functions)
-kismet
-behavior tree
-animation tree
-scripting c # and c++
-ut script classes
-mods
-dll bindings
-commands,console commandlets
-packaging,final releasing
-online support,mmo,chats
-swarm agent networking
-system settings,ini files
-graphics,nvidia card

-lighting
-post process,vfx
-particles
-enviroment,level construction
-concept art,Music
-3d modelling
-uv-mapping
-rigging and skinning
-animation,skeletal locomotion
-matinee
-film
-face fx
-apex cloth and destruction

-scaleform
-menu,layout´s
-voice support
-other configurations

i might forgot some points but that´s no problem.
this concept is anytime improveable by you!
so feel free…

…and when 2 of the same classes appears,a group of those can be created! the group grows in members and in experience.but is still part of the entire group and their goals!
this section serves than only as dashboard.to have realtime communication are dischord and co recommended.

there won´t be any leader in this group dynamic based workflow,because every one knows his place and worth!
don´t forget folks,we´re one big family!!+ it eliminates the possibility the group eliminates itself by being corrupt and having dominion over others…

time might past…
but soon or later you too,will see the huge potencial and bennefit behind this concept!
start to wrap your mind arround it.

i will wait…

Archoneater

I use this hierarchy for game development a leader PER PROJECT, So you do things fast with a coherent and with fast development, then Leads around, Lead artist Lead Programmer, And from that other lead “whatever ROLE”… Lead kismet dude lead animator, and they should look and recruit people from that goal.

I still don’t understand what a CEO is, leader or no leader…

BUT I am looking for systems of different kinds maybe no leader, maybe 2 leaders maybe 3 maybe PER PROJECT … idk can happen if they think in a same way, but if not I don’t think that is happening… car with no driver?
It is difficult philosophy…

If you want to make a remake of a game, I am sure that double leader even triple leader is good, because you know you will head to same direction and the goal will go forward. :):):):slight_smile:

If you guys want to start something I am up to : D But not leader that is a very time consuming role lol. :rolleyes:

But I am exhausted and sick of the people that use bad language and unnecessary actions… And I met like 10 of those LOL… It is good to be natural but, well I am myself one of those to, but you will have to push me a lot over the line… :mad:

But can you make shorter what you are trying, make class? make a game? Make a group sorry my english and reading skill kinda suck now a days. You are not direct…

Hi,

That´s great somebody showed up:)
https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/image/gif;base64

alright…

“BUT I am looking for systems of different kinds maybe no leader”

-i agree,no leader!
i wrote also the reason down.

“idk can happen if they think in a same way, but if not I don’t think that is happening”

-…and when 2 of the same classes appears,a group of those can be created!
the group grows in members and in experience.but is still part of the entire group and their goals!
when 2 or more share the same skill class then they should team up and learn each other
and work their own universe out.time and evolving of the people determines the outcome,we will see.

“If you guys want to start something I am up to”

-that´s cool,welcome in a real community!
i hope you´ll have a great time here,i´ll will do my best to make this happen!
pls,keep in mind i´m not the leader here!i just introduced a idea,that´s all.

“But I am exhausted and sick of the people that use bad language and unnecessary actions…”

-welcome in the club!
that´s why i introduced this concept.“unnecessary actions” especially these days.
i hope you understand my gramma,since this is not my native language.

“And I met like 10 of those LOL…”

-well,those trolls could harm this experiment,i´m very aware of that!
it´s important that we act as a civilized group,and evolve together as a group!
anger and wrong stubbornness will lead to nothing!
only respect,patient and compassion will lead to a life giving tree!

“It is good to be natural but, well I am myself one of those to, but you will have to push me a lot over the line…”

-here is my answer to this:when you have a clear goal in view,than you will receive the necessary energy to push your self forward.
to push you,would be probably against your own rhytm and would lead only to half of any quality.
just be aware and open minded.but i get what you mean.however,when is necessary,CONSTRUCTIVE criticism should be used
but with caution!

“You are not direct…”

-i thought i made myself clear enough,what is unclear?
the more people the faster we can slowly apply and modify concepts to our community.

for example:
-the group decides to create a racing game.
-first,concept art or web images are presented.
-volunteers or class related groups take the first step.let´s say we have every one on board to make a final release.
meanwhile the car is still in production the rest of the group who are skilled in the technical stuff starts the same time
but with their task,to bind the car in UDK and make it driveable by animtree etc.doing it simultaneous or determined by a timewindow
of a week.
-either the car is modeled,uv mapped,textured/painted,rigged and skinned by the same group or each step is achieved by class related
groups,to fasten the process.finally it depends on the amount and the skills what people bring along.

as i can see,you´re skilled and experienced in several classes,awesome!
to make yourself familiar with my art and get a idea,visit the links in my signature.

hope this gives a better perspective until more people arrives.we remain in contact,bye.

Hey how do I contact you do you own/have discord? Neonerone#6731 :rolleyes:

New Year, New Try.