Agency House

Hey all, just launched my first UEFN map, Agency House. It’s a simple deathmatch level because I wanted to concentrate on making the map as fun and interesting as possible.
Island code: https://www.fortnite.com/creative/island-codes/0204-6264-2797

As you can see from the screen grabs I was heavily influenced by the Brutalist architecture style which I think meshes really well with this sort of game. You’ll also recognize brutalism from games such as Control, which achieved the look way better than I can manage.

Almost everything is stock Fortnite assets as I wanted to give myself the challenge of never leaving UEFN to create the map. It’s great that we have the ability to import assets now but sometimes an artificial creative restraint can be useful. (especially when it comes to finishing a project!)

I did make use of the modeling tools inside the editor to create certain parts, like these skylights and the wall trim. Learning how to use this toolset was a great bonus for me. I probably could have done it in half the time using Blender or Plasticity but like I said, I set out to be 100% UEFN and stuck to my guns, even though it was painfully slow at times.

Finally wanted to share a single image of the graybox process used to make the map.

The default assets inside UEFN are absolutely fantastic at this stage and it really helped me revise scale, etc. I don’t recommend skipping the graybox step so you can adjust the environment without killing anything you’ve spent too much time on. I hope including this day one version of what would become Agency House helps other creators feel better about how something looks when they first start. All works of art start with a single paint stroke so just keep painting and don’t get hung up on things early in the process.

Best of luck to everyone with their own creations and if you happen to play Agency House at some point I’d love to know what you think!