Age restriction if I want to sell something on marketplace? Do I need to be above 18 years of age?

Is there any age restriction if I want to sell something on marketplace? Do I need to be above 18 years of age?

Do not take this as definitive in any fashion, but to just give a general “feel” for the question.

As someone that is less than 18 years of age, cannot enter into a legal and binding contract (oral contracts would be different, and those are generally null and void if they have a value of over 500 dollars, depending on the state). Then Epic Games could not have you sign, the documents needed in order to place a product into the marketplace…

But

The person’s parents, acting as her/his representative, could in fact sign for the “minor”, and that would be legal and binding. No different really than a parent, helping their minor children open up a bank account.

Unless Epic Games has other reservations, I would think, the “minor” could get content placed into the marketplace, assuming they had help from their parents for the contractual issues. The only thing that Epic might wish to be careful of, is that by the minor’s parent(s) signing in a different state, that Epic Games could fall without intending to do so, under the laws of that state. Hence they may wish to add an addendum for the contracts, specifying which state/country the contract(s) will be interpreted by, etc. (assuming those kind of clauses, can actually be held up in court)

I am not a lawyer, this is not legal counsel that I have written, nor do I represent Epic Games in any fashion, there is absolutely no connection between Epic Games and myself.

Anyway, hope this helps!