After using Sequencer, a recorded sequence does not playback the animation of the recorded actor (the actor is a parent skeleton mesh that has two child skeleton meshes)

I want to record an animation with an actor using Sequencer in UE 4.18. The actor is a parent skeleton mesh that has two child skeleton meshes, so each mesh has its own animation blueprint.

During game-play recording, everything is working correctly, depending on the actor’s speed and the control inputs, the three skeleton meshes are animated correctly (based on their own Anim Class).

But during playback, I noticed that the parent mesh is only moved in the scene and not animated but in its idle position, also the other 2 child meshes are in their idle position!

This is a very important for Sequencer, this issue happens only when there is a parent and child meshes with separate animation blueprints. For one actor with one animation blueprint everything works as expected. Note, under Animations/Sequences folder, the Animation Sequence files of each mesh are animated correctly.

Thanks,

Note:
Please note that here we have a specific case: the actor is a parent skeleton mesh that has two child skeleton meshes.
For example with the standard Third Person Template project, recording the UE Mannequin in Sequencer is working correctly.

Hi,

In order to reproduce this issue, I will need some more information. What are the exact steps that you are taking to get these results? Are you running your sequences through anim Blueprints/adding animation tracks/etc.? In the comment above you mention that recording the UE Mannequin is working correctly, is this referring to the parent or the parent and children/etc? What you are experiencing sounds similar to this issue here. However, this was logged and has been fixed in 4.18.1. Does this sound similar to you? (If so this may be a regression) If you post some screenshots or a sample project I will look more into it.

-Thank you for your patience

Hi,

Due to the time this thread has remained inactive, I will be closing it for tracking purposes. If you have any other questions regarding the issue feel free to reopen this thread.

-Thank you

Hi,

Please don’t close this thread, this is a very serious issue!
In the past (in a similar old thread) I gave you all the info needed for this issue (source code project + explanation) and you didn’t respond to me AT ALL (even after contacting you many many time). It was really a waste of time.

So please don’t close this thread, so others can respond.
You don’t offer support, so let others do it!!!

Hi,

I am unable to reproduce this issue using the given information. In order to take a better look at the issue, I will need more info. If you can post a test project here with the exact steps you are taking to get this result, I can try and reproduce the issue again.

-Thank you

Please read well what others are writing!
As I already said, I did send you a test project for this issue, you remember in the end of last November! (thread No: 727431). See attached images.

If you can’t offer help, please ask one of your colleagues instead.

Hi,

I’ve gone back and double checked the inbox and I’ve not received a project. I can take a better look at the issue if you post a test project, due to the amount of variables that could be causing this. I set up a project that maybe close, however I’m not seeing the same results and may be missing something. Did either of the issues that I’ve linked above sound similar to what you’re seeing/your set up?

-Thank you

For the test project, please send me you email address.

Hi,

The project can be sent to me privately through the forums.

-Thank you

I’m actually getting a similar issue. By child blueprint( gun in hands) isn’t even being recorded at all. So is there no solution?

common…can anyone help?