After Update Material Slot Problem

Hi everyone,

Yesterday i updated ue4 and in some of my objects there is no material slot anymore. And I dont know why is that. I even cant add material to my new fbx exported objects. Please see attached…

Cheers…

Hey I dont know why this has started happening, its happening on my end also, you can fix it by assigning a material in your modelling program then re-exporting.

Thanks for your reply. There is also material in my model in 3ds max but when i import to ue4 that fbx file. I dont tick import textures and import materials. Because im preparing materials in ue4 and assign in to that fbx model. But after update i can’t assign material to model :confused:

where are ue4 developers?? this is urgent project and i wanna fix the problem…

please help…

ok i solved the problem. In 3ds max assign a standart material to object and export it again…

Well I really struggled with this new feature too. The trick is to name your materials in your 3d application. Then assign the matching materials in unreal and choose the slots in the lod sections below. Most of the time you will only have 1 LOD.

With this new feature ids do not get messed up after reexporting a mesh with multiple ids.