After Re-installing Unreal Engine is not recognizing UE versions or any of my Projects

I currently have 3 hard drives one of which is only for the OS, usually, I keep all of my UE projects on my second hard drive; the other day I had to reinstall Windows and I instructed the installer to keep my personal files, when I did that, it broke Unreal Engine which is installed on the second hard drive, so what I did was reinstall UE but instead of selecting the second hard drive, I selected the third, so when I did that all of my projects and UE versions were not recognized by UE. I know that what I should have done was to repair the UE installation but at the time I didn’t think of that. I need help relinking my projects and UE versions, and figuring out how to uninstall the second installation of UE because the issue is that only one is showing on the Uninstall Programs option on the Control Panel.

Hi RPeralta,

this thread might help you: How to associate the .uproject files in ue4 - Getting Started / Installation & Setup - Unreal Engine Forums

In my case, when I had a similar issue I ran …\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealVersionSelector.exe and that tool solved the problem.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

f

1 Like

@Fraps2020 Thanks for your help, but the thread did not help, and running the version selector did not help either, my projects and my UE versions are still missing, don’t know what to do.