after package: No UMG Button control

Hi,

i updated my unreal version from 4.9.2 to 4.15.
After that cannot click ob buttons when i start then packaged game.
In my editor everything works fine. Only in packaged game this bug appears.
in my old version (4.9.2) everythings works.

some help here?

A lot has changed since 4.9, so it may be difficult to say what the issue is without more detail. But, you might want to look into using the Set Input Mode nodes, try using Set Input Mode UI Only, and plug your widget into In Widget To Focus if needed.

130375-wb.png

i used set input mode in the 4.9.2 engine.
this is new for me: “and plug your widget into In Widget To Focus if needed.”
can you explain how to do this?

something changed from one version to another.

here is the relevant part of my levelblueprint.
the “note” says “item is already a “BEGINMENU2”, you dont need to cast to BEGINMENU”

After create widget, promote the return value to a variable, and then plug that into set input mode ui only. Since you have the reference then, you won’t need to do that Get All widgets anymore.

What are you doing with the widget after that, with the get all widgets of class?

I’m not sure this is the problem, but, either way this will work better. A lot of the set input mode stuff changed at some version between 4.9 and now, I did have problems before with old widgets not being intractable.

thanks! but: how can i make a reference to a widget?

If you drag off from the Return value of Create widget, then promote to variable. Just drag that variable out from your variable list and get it, and that is now a reference to the widget.

okay! but i think i must post here a bigger part of my levelblueprint.
can you adjust your steps from your previous post please?

the blueprints in the image are working fine ONLY in level editor. In the packaged game buttons dont react.

Mosel3y.
it does not work…any other idea?

I’m a bit confused by what’s going on in your level blueprint now. Would it be possible for you to upload this project somewhere for me to check? Or migrate that level to a blank project and then upload it. Actually you could try that either way - migrate this level to a new empty 4.15 project, and see if it works in that. (Remember you’ll have to set it as the default map in project settings in the new project).

ok. i have reduce my level to the relevant part. The bug is still there.

Concentrate on this: When you click the"Start" Button in a Running Editor-Game the Camera moves to another point. Everythings works fine. But when you package the game and try to press the “Start” Button there, nothing happens.

download here: https://ufile.io/41182

So I had a look, and removing the setres command in the level blueprint fixed the problem for me. Can you try that?

I’m not entirely sure why that would be causing the issue though.

Hello lobaanicht,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any settings/blueprints/widgets that may be involved with this issue?

Thats it! Now it works! THANK YOU very much!!

Rudy Triplet:
yes i will try it.

1)create a new project in unreal engine 4.15: (third person) with starter content, maximum quality,desktop

2)create a camera actor variable in thirdperson gamemode blueprint

3)create a cameraActor in your level on a different position as the starter position (in my examble called “Camera1”

4)create a widget with a button (see picture below) in my example called “BEGINMENU2” for the blueprints for “press button” see tghe picture below

5)create the level blueprint (like picture below)

6)press “play” in editor and see that the button with camera animation works.

7)Package the game: windows 64bit. start the exe. when you press the button, nothing happens.