After loading Unreal Engine, my map is now back to default and can't seem to get my work back

Hi. Been using Unity for 4 years now and to be honest I’m getting sick of it, so I decided to switch to Unreal a few days ago and loving it! However, after loading my project today I have a bit of a problem. For some reason, I now have the default scene (table and two chairs) and I can’t seem to find a way to get my own scene back.

In the Epic Games Launcher I’ve been using the yellow button in the top right to launch the project selector, but for some reason today that didn’t work and instead it launched my project straight away and that’s how I ended up with a default scene. I read about it a bit and found I could also launch my project through the Library > My Projects menu. Doing that just leads to the same default scene though.

I found out about setting default maps in the project settings and also how to switch maps in content > starter content > maps, however the three maps displayed here aren’t the map I’ve been working on.

My map still appears in the thumbnail in the Epic Games Launcher so I don’t really understand what’s going on. It isn’t a massive deal as I hadn’t done absolutely loads or anything, but I worry I might get this issue again later on when I’ve put in a lot more work. If someone has any idea what’s happened I would very much appreciate it!

Your level is just not the default level for the project.

Go in to the content browser, and set the filter to ‘level’, you will find it then… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Sorry for the late reply. From memory I believe I tried this but I still couldn’t get the level back for some reason. In the end I just started again but I haven’t got the problem since luckily :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I have also get stuck with the error. I opened Template Game like Third Person. It works well with UE5.1
I tried to replace my own Content and Config, but it’s still showing default map. What went wrong?