After every update my Engine Crashes

Great, that’s the file I need. If you could also run your DXDiag again and click the button along the bottom that say “Save All Information.” This will create a text file that I’ll need you to upload as well.

Hey -

I have reported your issue to our internal tracking system (TTP #348369) for further investigation.

Cheers

Ok so what do I do about not being able to open my project? Am I going to have to start over. My uassets are still there is there a way for me to put them in a new folder that the engine will and let me have access to? I have spent the past 5 months working on this project. There is alot I dont want to have to go back and remake. Like my state machine and my class blueprints. If I have to start over how do I make sure the next time it updates to the 4.6 preview its not lost. I admit I dont like this post being answered because the problem isnt fixed. I am freaking out about this. Every waking moment that im not at work ive been working on this.

If you create a new project with the version of the engine you want to be working in you should be able to then open your project in it’s current version and then migrate the assets you need from your project into the new one.

The Content folder of your project should hold all of your assets. You should be able to copy/replace the Content folder from your project into a new project.

I cant open my project to migrate my assets. Is there a specific folder I should look to copy my assets into. In the editor it shows my folders but none of my assets are viewable. When I say assets I mean all of my content my blue prints none of it is visible. I can remake the map not worried about that. Whats the best way to have access to my assets so that this stops.

When I get off I will give it a try. I am affraid its not going to work because the engine seems as if it cant my assets thats why im wondering which folder would be best to copy them into. Should I go into the program files unreal engine. Would this be the best place. Or will I just have to plug and play to find where is best? It reads epics content you guys have put together.

Copying the Content folder from your project into a new project should allow you to use your assets in the new project.

I have bad news It has pulled my content in , yet when it starts compiling the shadder’s it crashes and throws up five crash reports.Still working for a solution!!!

I’d like you to try this: right click on the .uproject file in your project folder and select “Switch Engine Version” followed by “Generate project files”. Then run the .sln (visual studios solution) file and right click the project name and select Build. Then try running the .uproject file again.

I was able to switch engine versions but since I am not running source control it win’t rebuild through visual studios

Hey ,

I think I know why it crashed when I moved everything, I Still have to go back into my blueprints then redo the casting. I am hoping this works I am going through them all right now and trying to fix the compile errors.

Just want to say I appreciate all of your help

Hey -

Let me know if that does get things working for you again. If not then we will continue to investigate the problem on our end.

Cheers

Hey ,

I have got my assets back up and running. If I bring my materials in it crashes.
I can work on my project I just can not use any of my own textures. Luckily I haven’t went to far into my texturing right now. This still lets me finish working on my logic and game play.Let me know what files you may need so you guys can see what might be causing this crash. It also sends out multiple crash reports.

Now that its running I am a lot more woooosaaa’d about this issue.
Thank you Thank you Thank you,

Hey ,

I just tried to add a basic material on to on of my meshes. The material is a standard wall mat here is the log file and I ran dxdiag and got that as well 

Thank you,

link text

link text

Was the material one that is included in the starter content or a custom material? Did you crash when creating the material or when applying it to the mesh?

It was a starter content material, and it crashed while I was trying to place it on a mesh inside of the blueprint.

Could you test the same process in a new project. I’m trying to determine if this is related to your other crash or if this is a different issue

It seems to be an issue with the hole engine. Creatlink texted a new project and as soon as it tried to compile the shaders it crash and threw up 5 crash windows.

Here is the log and the dxdiag

link text

Hey ,
After reading the log, I went I made sure that all the files were in the location they are suppose to be. What if I checked to see if a previous version has the same issue and if it doesn’t replaced the ShaderCompiler. exe and the other files it is having issues with except the system 32 files do you think that might fix or should I wait. Another possibility is to uninstall the engine and re install and see if that fixes it. Let me know what you think and if it would be best to wait for more information.

Thank you,