After Engine upgrade, UUserWidget::PlayAnimation's parameter "RestoreState = false" does not work anymore?

We use to play animations from user widgets in C++ code by calling UUserWidget::PlayAnimation, leaving the last parameter bRestoreState intentionally at “false” to just change the widget state. For example on hover, we play an animation that increases the render scale of one of the panels inside the widget. when we loose hover, we play the animation in reverse

This used to work fine in 4.20.2.

After upgrade to 4.26.1, it seems the widget state is always restored after the animation finishes playing, no matter the parameter bRestoreState. How can I play an animation in Unreal 4.26.1 that does not restore the widgets state after the animation finished?

Greetings, Imi.

PS: The call that resets the animation state seems to go through a new “EntitySystem” in MovieScene, more specific “UMovieSceneRestorePreAnimatedStateSystem::OnRun” in file Engine/Source/Runtime/MovieScene/Private/EntitySystem/MovieScenePreAnimatedStateSystem.cpp. So maybe that is a totally different system than the bRestoreState stuff before? How do I disable that?

PPS: I posted this here before, but I just regonized, that this might have been the wrong website? (not because the question is confidential, but because I used to reach the Epic support over this site here and not UDN. Is that correct?)