Hi, this is my first time trying to build UE from source code (I need it to package a dedicated server).
Following are the steps I took:
- Downloaded the source code as a ZIP file from here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases/tag/5.0.0-early-access-2
- Used PowerShell to run Setup.bat with the following options:
.\Setup.bat -exclude=Linux -exclude=Mac -exclude=Android -exclude=TVOS -exclude=IOS -exclude=GoogleVR -exclude=GoogleTest -exclude=LeapMotion -exclude=Dingo -exclude=Switch
- Again from PowerShell executed: ./GenerateProjectFiles.bat
- Opened UE5.sln in Visual Studio, set the solution as Development Editor and Win64, then built the UE5 project.
- After the build, trying to open …\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor.exe throw the next popup:
Fatal error: [File:C:/UnrealEngineSource/UE-5-EA2/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Modules/ModuleManager.cpp] [Line: 1035]
Unable to read module manifest from ‘…/…/…/Engine/Binaries/Win64/UnrealEditor.modules’. Module manifests are generated at build time, and must be present to locate modules at runtime.
So, why is it not generating the UnrealEditor.modules file when building the project?
I appreciate your help in advance.
Note: did the whole process 2 times, once using VS 2019, then using VS 2022 with the same results/errors.