Affordable Landscapes: An Unlimited Solution to All Your Terrain Needs

I appreciate the feedback but you are dead wrong to claim that these just took the few clicks of a button to do. I will proudly put my work up against the landscapes you see in Battlefield 4 or other such AAA titles. Anyone with working eyes can see that much.

The world machine standard license is only $99. is all you need. With you can create as many landscapes as you want for the rest of your life.
And if you are familiar and the pipeline to UE4 is set up, then it is a matter of minutes to have the landscapes you offer done&ready in UE4.

And you are asking for $50 for just 5 landscapes!

Do you see where the flaw is?

Some of us don’t want to spend out on World Builder and don’t want to learn the software. $10 for each landscape? I call that a DEAL!

Speak of prices, how much do you think he gets paid to do what he does there?

://blogs.battlefield/2012/08/inside-dice-alborz/

No problem paying $10 for a landscape that simple. I have to remember . World machine is no software that has a learning curve. It is plug and play.

is like trading land for glas beads.
It only works until you know how simple it is to create such landscapes for yourself.

So yes, I am not trying to change anything here. The rule is: as long as you find people unaware enough, to put it politely, everything will pass.
So go ahead, put them on the market place for $50. I am sure the market place, and Epic and UE4, will benefit long term from business practise like that,

Quality matters.

As an artist I put in 10 hours of work prepping that first map to look as good as it does inside Unreal Engine 4. Even a low paying artist charging an hourly wage would want to be paid $150 to do that much work for any one scene. Multiply that by the five AAA landscapes (and 50 hours of work) and you will have any professional level designer working in the industry asking for a minimum of $750 for AAA work of quality. Ask around. It’s true.

My asking rate for the pack in comparison is a bargain. If you want to pump out terrains out of any of the software you mentioned to for it but I guarantee that you absolutely will not get results I am offering. further includes work done inside UE4 involving lighting and post processing. Each height map is individually sculpted by hand with everything such as game-play in mind. Of course I’m not going to explain what I do here and there, what changes I to do the masks etc because that’s what makes the difference.

By your logic Electronic Arts should just fire their staff of level designers and buy a World Machine license. So should Epic. So should Activision. My work is based off the direct feedback I receive from a senior environment artist at DICE to improve everything as much as possible. If you want to be blind to the AAA quality work I do because of the potential quantity a World Machine license offers you, that race to the bottom of the barrel is entirely up to you. My work is AAA quality, my reputation is flawless in the community, and if you can do it better than me than you can do it.

For everyone in the community who wants access to AAA landscapes and terrains for a reasonable cost my pack is here to help their projects catch the eyes of all the gamers who out there who may be looking. That’s my job and everyone who has ever worked with me in community has vouched for my rates, my honesty, my service, and my quality of work. Out of everything you’ve said the only thing I take offense to is the idea that I’m somehow trying to bilk the community. There are dozens of clients who I’ve worked with right here in the Unreal community who will gladly argue against you on that point.

Thank you for your feedback. It has been well received. Have a nice day.

I just quote you from above
’ is a very basic map pack with small landscape materials.’

Following the post, you did not even get the texture tiling right…

You do realize, that designers in large companies only get that amout of money, because the games/software using their landscapes generate millions in revenue.
Once you are in that position, you can ask for that amount of money, and you will get it.
It is safe to say however, that everyone who purchases the landscapes on the marketplace is not working on such revenue generating games, and is not at professional level, otherwise they would have the ability to create such landscapes themselves. Therefore is is just completely unjustified to ask for AAA company prices here. It is a simple market driven principle.
But go ahead, offer them for $50. UE4 is still young enough to get away with prices like that. It is a good opportunity right now to attempt .

Regarding doing landscapes in UE4 yourself:
The largest amount of time goes into setting up the pipeline from world machine (or other landscape software) to UE4. Here I buy the 10 hours. Once the pipeline (workflow) is set up, it is never going to take 10 hours. No way. It will be a matter of 30mins, in that range.

If you think $50 constitutes AAA company prices then maybe you need to move over to Unity. They should be more in line with your budget. We’re done. Please don’t post in my thread again. I will not respond to you further. Thank you.

To address your concern, pack used to be a “Basic Landscapes” pack and those posts about tiling was applying to it. We changed everything

You also need to keep in mind that World Machine is not free for commercial uses (but it is free with limitations for prototyping), and also that everyone values his time in a different way, people could rather do anything else than spending even 30 minutes in learning/using world machine.

There you are man. Also the last three from the above set are also from a first person view. :slight_smile:

://8pic.ir/images/ilkba2vuarp3xjivmgr2.jpg

Somebody had ants in their pants :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah well, I’ll definitely be buying it! :>

I did not say what you claim in you first sentence.
When you bring Unity into the discussion, then one question:
Why are asset you buy in their store are all about 25%-30% of the prices that you pay for UE4 market place content?

It is really opportunity grabbing on the market place right and beads-for-land spirit, and UE4/Epic should be aware of ! Customers move over to Unity for such reasons. It does not hold any justification why one should pay in the $50-%100 range for UE4 models, while you get Unity models which are similar for 1/3 of the price. The AAA quality argument especially does not hold, it is very stretchable. Believe me, I work at a AAA company.

Thanks, I have finished my argumentation. Wil not post again.

I hope that puts an end to argument now :stuck_out_tongue:

Just for the record; Epic Games gives almost total freedom in pricing the assets. They ask the developer how much they want to charge and go from there. The fact there’s a lot of expensive assets isn’t Epic Games fault, it’s the developers.

But anywho, An argument about different engines is pointless; They may seem similar but both have different perks / downsides and things such as a different audience.

You’ve made your point quite clear and CheapPropModeller has made their point as well. I’m sure anybody who needs to can read back on what was said and make their own minds up on the matter :slight_smile:

As noted above by KitatusStudios please keep the discussion on topic. You are free to voice your opinions on the any of products being offered on the marketplace, but discussions on how the marketplace should function should be directed to Epic staff in a separate thread, not to the sellers themselves.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Could you possibly think about releasing a tutorial pack that has a project with world machine files with all the nodes you used, as well as the materials in ue4 along with a tutorial that shows the complete workflow for getting results like ? I would be more than happy to pay for that. I think it would be way better than selling premade terrain, as it could be customized and the documentation / tutorials for to achieve your quality is like impossible to find right now, I’ve been trying to learn on youtube and ue4 documentation but someone like you could really enhance and power us all up with your knowledge. That is something worth paying for imo
(Or maybe even add onto what you already have here to generate more sales / interest)

Thanks for the feedback. It’ll be something we definitely take into consideration as well figure out everything we want to pack into Affordable Landscapes Vol. 1.

**New Surface Variation!

Full Affordable Landscapes Bundle Available for sale in 1-2 weeks!**

://8pic.ir/images/o37mgbw2lpyda1g6cpt2.jpg

://8pic.ir/images/bywy99zwyzve29o6f0fz.jpg

://8pic.ir/images/t3og011vj8fp5aao3rhh.jpg

://8pic.ir/images/gn64jhvx68w8recz31b7.jpg

://8pic.ir/images/e1m4wfo2jk2vd07pib0y.jpg

://8pic.ir/images/tbdd49tidtzpc6nf96fh.jpg

There’s a professional attitude for you. Ever heard of “the customer is always right”? When you’re the one with cash in hand, ready to pay someone for something, is when you get to cop an attitude. Not when you’re selling something. Cold day in Hell when I buy something from someone with your attitude.

Set up your own forum and post your threads there, if you want to tell people when to post or what to say.

I don’t appreciate being treated like a huckster or a snake oils man. As I mentioned I have never been accused of ripping off a customer. The second that that was insinuated against me the conversation is over. If that is unacceptable to you then we agree to disagree. Thank you for your advice though. I will be sure to keep a cooler head in the future and let my art do the talking.