Advice on managing Android phone (game app) tests?

I’m doing some R&D into game apps for iOS and Android.

At this early stage I am being biased toward iOS because it seems the testing phase will be much easier (iPhone, IPad iPod Touch) and there is a good (looking at TappyChicken) that an iOS app will run on iPhone4 devices (iPad2?) and later with few issues.
I can easily get an iPhone and iPad from EBay quite cheaply these days.

On the other hand, I am daunted by the potential task of having to test an app on:
Branded_Android_devices
x
Phone_models
x
Android_OS_versions

There at least 6 ‘popular’ Android phone brands and that isn’t including each model upgrade every 6 months or so.
This list is out of date so, I’m sure that it would be twice as long today:

I know Play/AppStore is a huge market (not sure if it has the same marketshare as the AppStore) so it would be hard to exclude some Phone brands in favour of others due to time constraints.

I am curious to know how you guys are managing your tests as it appears to be a full time job,
which is why I’m thinking about focusing on iOS only (at least for now).

Ash22,

This may be a question better suited for the [forums][1]. However, in larger gaming companies, we test as many mobile devices as possible, along with different OS versions. Therefore, there are less chances of the game having issues across the board. You may want to start out small and work with only one platform. iOS may be a good platform to start out with, depending on your target audience.

[Platform Development][2] | [Android Game Development][3] | [iOS Game Development][4] | [Mobile Development Troubleshooting Guide][5]

Good luck!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/
[2]: Sharing and Releasing Projects for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation
[3]: Android Support for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation
[4]: iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS support for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation
[5]: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Noted.
Thanks for the links.