Advice for interactions between a character model and floating sword model

I am looking for advice on how I should go about setting up, configuring, programming for this idea I’m trying to accomplish.

There are two separate models, one being my character model and another model being a model of a floating sword that would be near the character and the character would also be able to control using abilities and attacks based off input. Would I be better off accomplishing this in one Character model instead. Or how should I arrange this, etc?

Any advice you could provide me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

@kehel18 Thanks for your response! Yes this sounds like it would be the best way to go. I already have a Character Blueprint class for my player model. Sounds like for the other actor the common Actor class would be the best fit for my weapon?

Hello! If I understood you correcty then two different actors will give you much more flexibility in many ways. You will have opportunity to change weapon without the need to edit player model, it will be very easy to configure LODs, effects, materials, etc that will be different for Player and for Weapon…