Advertising the game

Hello,
I understand that the question is strange, but maybe some of you know. In general, I developed a 2D game, genre: platformer, casual game. I put it on the Steam platform, I would like to know where can run ads for my game so that users know about it ?

If you set things up right, steam will tell lots of users about your game. For instance, they put it in people’s discovery queue.

You can see what’s going on by looking at the page ‘marketing and visibility’:

337974-screenshot-2.jpg

If you want to market outside Steam, then you’ve got all the usual suspects like social media and paid ads on facebook / inst etc…

And who can you recommend for advertising ?

It’s really up to you, but Facebook is a pretty good bet. Really depends on your audience.

Personally, I found FB gave me plenty of page hits, but it didn’t convert into buys.

Have you set up targeted ads on Facebook?

Yes, targeted. But frankly, the only useful target is ‘likes puzzle games’ ( for my game ), the rest of the profiling isn’t useful.

EDIT: Maybe you have more luck, but I found the methods that Steam provide for getting in touch with the right people much more useful.

I went to the Steam Platform Traffic Breakdown page, but I still didn’t understand what to set up there to attract attention :frowning:

No, that’s the page that tells you how well the attention is working.

To get attention, you need to make sure ( among other things ) that you’ve set up the keywords properly ( store page ), and used the TagWizard to make sure your tags are relevant.

Then Steam will make sure you get your stuff in the right people’s queue.

You also need to periodically take part in a sale etc.

Understood, thank you!

The other thing is, really make sure you use the right images. They tell you in the set up what the images are used for. One of them gets shown to people in their discovery queue.

That image has to say in one go, what you game is really about.

I had to resort to an image of maze, even though there’s only 1 maze level in my game, just because it’s a puzzle game.

Choose wisely :wink:

There are some ways you can promote your games. Following are some of the ways I know of:

1. Leverage DSP
  2. Leverage Native ads
  3. Leverage Offerwall
  4. Leverage Playable Ads
  5. Leverage Interstitial Ads
  6. Leverage Rewarded Ads