Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit [Submitted - Large Images]

Now all we need is a globe in the corner with your map generator :smiley:

That’s both great and a bit intimidating to hear :slight_smile: I hope the initial release will live up to your high expectations, and I will work hard in the weeks following release to add anything people feel could be added to make the system even better. There are still a lot of cool features I want to add, so anyone who buys this should expect lots of future updates.

This reminds me of Fallout 1 and 2. Looks great!

Very nice. Great job on this.

Nice. Makes me wonder how you could render a different sphere projection to each player sitting around the globe. :slight_smile:

This looks awesome. I’ve been working on some tile based stuff myself, might just use this instead :slight_smile:
One question, can square tiles disallow diagonal movement?

Sure can! And if you allow diagonal movement it can be with or without corner crossing. or without allowing for corner crossing (you can actually specify what corners can be crossed if you really want to). You could even use the system to have parts of the level allow diagonal movement while another does not :slight_smile: (that’s probably a corner case, though. Literally)

The last few days I’ve been working hard to make sure importing your own static meshes and characters is as easy as possible, and I think I’ve finally hit my goal. Here is a video of my toolkit being used in the matinée fight scene. Setting it up only took a few minutes, and I think it looks pretty cool! My system is pretty much complete at this point. Just have to do some stress testing and push it a bit to make sure everything is stable, and I’ll release it very soon indeed :slight_smile:

@Monokkel: That is so awesome … you definitely have created a great pack here. Good job and good luck with your sales … my money is already set aside … 8-}

Dam am I keen to get my hands on this baby! Just wondering what sort of documentation you’ll be including with it? Will all your documentation be comments in the Blueprints or will you also be including written/video documentation to explain relationships between blueprints?
Was one of the most annoying parts of the procedural room generation that just got released on the marketplace was trying to figure out how all the blueprints worked together.

Thanks! I’m quite proud of it, to be honest :slight_smile:

That’s good you asked, Miroac. Even though I’ve tried to make everything as intuitive as possible, it’s necessarily still a huge and complex blueprint, so having some sort of documentation outside the comments will be invaluable for most users. My plan is to make a series of video tutorials covering different aspects of the system. I’ll start by adding basic videos for setting up a scene and adding new actors and meshes, before adding videos explaining the pathfinding, AI and various more complex parts of the blueprint.

Amazing! The videos really do give me the idea that just by getting this plugin and adding some attack abilities in there, you can have gameplay with objectives from day one in development. Great job man. :slight_smile:

Thanks Nisshoku :slight_smile: It felt good when I finally found the time to add some proper visuals to my system after working on the underlying logic for ages. Highly recommended!

That video looks like something straight out of XCOM. :slight_smile:

This is going to be perfect for a game I@m working on :).
Just a quick question, does it/will it support multiplayer? My current game is single player so I’ll still be picking this up but I expect I’ll want to use it in a multiplayer game at some point :slight_smile:

Thanks! XCOM has my biggest inspiration when making the system, and after adding some meshes it finally looks the part :slight_smile:

Good to hear, Fred! It does not support multiplayer out of the box; at least not at the moment. It is something I’d like to implement, but it’s not my area of expertise and a bit down the line as far as planned features are concerned. However, turn based strategy should be one of the simpler genres to convert to multiplayer, since everything is deterministic and very little information needs to be sent between clients at very infrequent intervals compared to real time games. I’m quite confident that converting the system to multiplayer wouldn’t be too much of a hassle for anyone who has previous experience with multiplayer integration in Ue4.

I’ve updated the original post to include the pictures’ I’ve submitted to Epic for displaying on the marketplace. Here’s hoping we’ll see them there soon :slight_smile:

Edit: And just noticed a spelling mistake in one of the images. Dang it!

Witout that mistake it would have been perfect :wink:

Shame on you Monokkel … we expect better … Bad Monokkel … to the corner!!! 8-p

Just kidding man … I am sure they will let you re-submit it. I have my Fiance proof read all my stuff (except for Forum posts) … I call her “My Keeper of Words”. 8-}

Heh, yeah I’m very ashamed. But after hours of corrective Photoshop work I’ve fixed the mistake and uploaded a new version with an extra h wedged in and sent it to Epic. Now we play the waiting game.

I’ve been following your progress for a few months - I can’t wait to it come to fruition - It’s just what I need :slight_smile: