Advanced Space Shader

Awesome! Looking forward to the update!!

Hey, congrats! Are the background stars a skysphere?

Hey everyone. Just a short note to say that I’m still working on the procedural infinite space shader. It’s looking NMS-esque and with stars turned on it has a hyperspace feeling. I’ll post up some video once I work out a few more kinks.

In the currently available version, yes they are. In the new version they’re a mix of background and particles. (Sorry for the late response).

Hey guys! Just dropping a note that during the summer sale all of my assets are on sale for 90% off. If you’ve been holding out for a sale this will be the last opportunity this year to buy them at a reduced price.

Get them here: Content by Skull - UE Marketplace

I see that the default Overview level has some bugs on the planets surface, there is significant dithering on some parts of either the planet sphere or atmosphere.
Also when you get close another set of features spawn in where none where is this a bug ?

Neither are bugs. The planets use opacity masking to achieve seamless texturing. Feature spawning as you get closer is intentional.

activating polar caps for Earth for instance just creates a 90% rotated Earth and ruins the whole topography so i am guessing that that is how polar caps are implemented here.
Imgur
and close up:
Imgur

But the cloud dithering is kind of anoying:
Imgur

Any way to fix the clouds?

Also could the plugin still work if I change the base mesh from a polar sphere to a spherical cube? That would fix the polar pinching.

Yep, that’s how it seamlessly textures a planet. I can add support for a different material for the caps if you’d like.

You can change the cloud material to be translucent. That’s set under the material MAT_Clouds.

Yep, you can change the mesh and turn off the caps.

Hey!
I just bought this since the planets look really good and the style perfectly fits my game. I took a quick look and fiddled around a bit so far. This looks quite powerful. I’m only disappointed that there seems to be no proper documentation, getting started or any kind of video tutorial out there?

Quick question: I added this to one of my projects and it created 3 folders:

• AdvancedSpaceShaders
  • Blueprints (with a folder called “Luffy_Dev”!?)
  • Geometry

Can’t quite put the last two folders: What are they for? Can I safely move them into the AdvancedSpaceShaders folder to have everything nicely grouped?

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Hey! Glad you’re liking it. :slight_smile:

Luffy Dev was an accidental inclusion and not useful for the space shader at present. Not sure about Geometry. Probably safe to move or delete them.

There’s a couple of getting started posts in this thread but once you’ve got a planetoid all of the settings are fairly self explanatory. I’ll get around to doing a video sometime soon!

don’t think it just me but ether ur assist don’t work or unreal is not installing all of it how ever other people have the same issue what a wast of my precious money u cant edit any thing and there nothing like u showed in the video consider making a tutorial with out music and explain please because i’am about to demand a refund if i cant get this to work in a few more days

Are you able to specify what’s not working for you? Did you try opening the Unreal Editor, adding the asset to a project and opening the demonstration map?

If you still want a refund email Epic marketplace support and I’ll be happy to authorize it.

There’s a new update coming!

Universe Shader

This update will add procedural and infinite 3D nebula and star generation, suitable for hyperspace-style travel or even NMS style in-system dust clouds.

This update is currently being held up by Epic publishing system problems, but while I wait for them to fix it I’m continuing to add more features.

Also fixed:

Planetary foliage not rotating

Look for it soon!

HOT ■■■■!

I bought this asset a while back and I have to say it’s fantastic. I can’t speak for others ^, but for me everything works fine and that coming update is much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

MAC USERS

It looks like a project setting isn’t propagating and it’s the source of a lot of problems.

You *must *enable Metal 2.0 for the shaders to work correctly. Alternatively you can go into the base materials and disable tessellation in the material settings if you’d still like to use earlier versions of Metal.

The update is now out! Documentation for the Universe shader will be on the product page shortly.

There is a small update to provide 4.19 support coming shortly.

Hi I was searching a plugin like this and I think Advanced Space Shader is amazing.

The first plugin that I saw was this: Landscape Architect - Work in Progress - Unreal Engine Forums

But it is not on sale for now. I think your plugin is similar and Im very interested in buy it on marketplace.

But I have a questions:

How large can be a planet? Evidently it cant be as a real planet xD But compared for example with planets of KSP, No Mans Sky or Star Citizen?

Is possible to generate, weather on the atmosphere of the planet? For example rain, fog, etc… after entering the atmosphere of the planet.

Amazing plugin men. I think it’s just what I need.

It doesn’t do anything like get detailed enough for walking on it to be much of an experience - you’d need to swap to a large landscape or other custom mesh as you got closer. You can get close enough that it doesn’t look too bad while you fade between them though.

It does support clouds.

A small update has just been released for approval by Epic:

1. Cloud material is now translucent. It appears the z-sort issue has been resolved.
  2. Small fixes to the sun flare particle effect. The sun flare particle effect now also works on the distant-type sun.

The next update will likely be a switch to Niagara as it’s a far better particle system, but this may take a while as I learn to use Niagara. :slight_smile: