Advanced Sessions Plugin

[quote=“PropagandaWar, post:1989, topic:30020”]

Ok maybe my error is different. I slapped advance sessions in what I believe is my project folder as it’s where my game contect etc is stored in the Plugin section, however it will not even register. So then I went and installed it back in my 4.20 folder plugin where it does. Here is the main error followed by one more 3 more:

ERROR: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessionsPlugin-4-20\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled’.

PackagingResults: Error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessionsPlugin-4-20\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled’.

PackagingResults: Error: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\UBT-Drgkntmpcln1-Win64-Shipping_2.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\UBT-Drgkntmpcln1-Win64-Shipping_2.txt

I want to nail the advance sessions issue. If any other ones persist then I’ll tackle them. Thanks for any help in advance

You still have the copy in the engine directory, it won’t be looking for the .precompiled file in the project level directory.

[quote=“, post:1990, topic:30020”]

You still have the copy in the engine directory, it won’t be looking for the .precompiled file in the project level directory.

Did you mean “have too”. Sorry I feel like I’m being annoying and that I’m not following. Here are some images of where I have Advance Sessions built along with an error. You should be able to open the images to see the directory path. Again thank you. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

for me this dose not work i keep getting this error message Binaries for the ‘AdvancedSessions’ plugin are missing or incompatible with the current engine version.

Would you like to disable it? You will no longer be able to open assets that were created with it.

can someone help this is on mac by the way

[quote=“PropagandaWar, post:1991, topic:30020”]

Did you mean “have too”. Sorry I feel like I’m being annoying and that I’m not following. Here are some images of where I have Advance Sessions built along with an error. You should be able to open the images to see the directory path. Again thank you. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

No? I mean that you have a copy of the plugin in the engine directory, that is where it is looking for it.

If you don’t actually have one there then clean the intermediate folders.

[quote=“, post:1992, topic:30020”]

No? I mean that you have a copy of the plugin in the engine directory, that is where it is looking for it.

If you don’t actually have one there then clean the intermediate folders.

Ok I guess what I am failing to understand is what you mean by “Project Directory”. To me that means I install it in the project I am working on plugin folder (which does not dectect the advance sessions plugins when I go to plugins). Maybe I need an example if that’s not it. I can assure you it’s completely wiped from 4.20. Which advance sessions works fine in I just can’t do a build. I attached right where I am putting it.

[quote=“PropagandaWar, post:1994, topic:30020”]

Ok I guess what I am failing to understand is what you mean by “Project Directory”. To me that means I install it in the project I am working on plugin folder (which does not dectect the advance sessions plugins when I go to plugins). Maybe I need an example if that’s not it. I can assure you it’s completely wiped from 4.20. Which advance sessions works fine in I just can’t do a build. I attached right where I am putting it.

It goes in the “Plugins” folder, not “Plugin”

[quote=“polygon, post:#Post:0x000055984cae21c8, topic:30020”]

Hi,

this plugin looks amazing and I wish this would be part of the blueprint system of UE4 natively!

But I’m kind of stuck at the moment and I’m trying to find out how to invite steam friends to my sessions. Could you please explain briefly with a simple screenshot how to do this?

My current first test looks like this:

The blueprint shows the total number of steam friends and my own playername, which makes me really happy so far. But as you can see in the upper part I don’t know how to get more advanced access to my friends list in order to invite friends :frowning:

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel

Hello, I set up GameInstance according to your tutorial, and the parent class is also changed to StaemAdvanceFriend. When I sent my friend an invitation to Steam, his Steam showed my invitation, but the AcceptInvite event did not fire. I want to know what might be the reason.

[quote=“polygon, post:#Post:0x000055984c8c4440, topic:30020”]

Hi ,

thanks for your reply, that helped! I’ve managed to get my full friends list from steam and display the information like friend’s name, online status etc. in a printstring on screen.

But I’m struggling with the invitation itself. Every time I grab a UniqueID with index X from the friend’s array, I can display the friend’s information properly but the invitation fails. As a simple test I tried to invite myself as you can see in the attached screenshots. This works fine except that I don’t get a steam overlay that notifies me about the invitiation (The overlay in the attached screenshot is the basic “Steam is active” overlay that show up when you start a steam game)

And I’m wondering why I need to plugin a player controller into the node and not only the Unique ID if you want to send an invite to a friend from your steam friend’s list who is currently not in your game and who doesn’t have a player controller at this point?

The whole subsystem is still quite confusing to me and I would be really grateful if you could clarify the procedure of inviting steam friends to your game :slight_smile:

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel

Hello, I set up GameInstance according to your tutorial, and the parent class is also changed to StaemAdvanceFriend. When I sent my friend an invitation to Steam, his Steam showed my invitation, but the AcceptInvite event did not fire. I want to know what might be the reason.

[quote=“Blue_man, post:752, topic:30020”]

Do you maybe know why On session invite accepted doesn’t work in a C++ project?

[quote=“ronaldburns, post:1446, topic:30020”]

Hi, after searching this forum for a while I couldn’t find an answer.

What’s the proper way to get the Session Invite Event working?
I’ve tried sending invites through the steam overlay and your send invite node. Nothing gets the event to call.
My GameInstance has your GameInstance as parent, and Invite Accepted works just fine.

I can’t figure out why Invite Received won’t call.

Hello, I want to know if your problem is solved. I have encountered the same problem. I set up GameInstance according to the tutorial, and the parent class is changed to StaemAdvanceFriend. When I sent my friend an invitation to Steam, his Steam showed my invitation, but the AcceptInvite event did not fire. I want to know what might be the reason.

Hello, I want to know if your problem is solved. I have encountered the same problem. I set up GameInstance according to the tutorial, and the parent class is changed to StaemAdvanceFriend. When I sent my friend an invitation to Steam, his Steam showed my invitation, but the AcceptInvite event did not fire. I want to know what might be the reason.

[quote=“, post:1995, topic:30020”]

It goes in the “Plugins” folder, not “Plugin”

The only Plugins folders in my project file are wones under saved\cooked\windowsno editor and saved emp\win64\engine. I tried both no bueno. I’ve got unsubsystem and steam subsystem in the win64 but I’m pretty sure that’s not afvance sessions

[quote=“xugg01, post:2000, topic:30020”]

None of the default engine subsystems currently implement “OnInviteReceived”, it is exposed for third party subsystems that may end up using it, but with the raw engine it is a dead event.

[quote=“PropagandaWar, post:2001, topic:30020”]

The only Plugins folders in my project file are wones under saved\cooked\windowsno editor and saved emp\win64\engine. I tried both no bueno. I’ve got unsubsystem and steam subsystem in the win64 but I’m pretty sure that’s not afvance sessions

Then add it, the installation instructions go over that part. Add a Plugins folder to your base project directory and place it in there.

[quote=“xugg01, post:1998, topic:30020”]

Accepted invite should be working, it would be the other one that isn’t.

[quote=“, post:2003, topic:30020”]

Then add it, the installation instructions go over that part. Add a Plugins folder to your base project directory and place it in there.

Didn’t think to look at the installation guide as the patch looked Identical to the rest. Derp. I have honestly had this plugin for a long time. I don’t like plugins and in fact really only use yours. I think that’s why I’m frustrated. Sorry to be a pest. Sometimes you just overlook the simple things.

Hey! How to use steam workshop? (any simple example please)

I got it working for 4.20 by putting the plugin inside the project instead of the engine…
I had to convert the project into c++ and add the following code to build.cs file.

DynamicallyLoadedModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystemSteam");

Uploaded 4.21 packaged and the main branch of the repo is on 4.21 now.

I’m trying to do a team-based chat so I’m muting all the members of the other team. Is this the correct approach? Because unfortunately it is currently not working (everyone can hear everyone):

For the records, the return value of Mute Remote Talker is “true”. Should I unregister the remote talker instead?