Advanced Sessions Plugin

[quote=“, post:1968, topic:30020”]

no the name wouldn’t matter, however I actually don’t think that is required anymore as long as the binaries are complete.

Those instructions were from or so.

Hey pretty sure this is bad juju but I never get responses to posts. if you could take a look at my post I would love you forever. I’m pretty sure its a simple issue and im about to whiteboard it, to help me look at it logically. If not thanks again for making that plugin! https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/blueprint-visual-scripting/1537379-non-dedicated-server-server-replication-issue

[quote=“FardreamStudios, post:1970, topic:30020”]

Hey pretty sure this is bad juju but I never get responses to posts. if you could take a look at my post I would love you forever. I’m pretty sure its a simple issue and im about to whiteboard it, to help me look at it logically. If not thanks again for making that plugin! https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/blueprint-visual-scripting/1537379-non-dedicated-server-server-replication-issue

You are loading the server local save file every time and applying it to everyone else.

Regardless, yeah that is off topic here.

[quote=“the_hack, post:1969, topic:30020”]

Hey there. Firstly thanks for making this plugin.

I’m a bit lost though - it’s preventing me from packaging my project. I believe the issue is to do with c++ compiling, which I know very little about. I installed unreal source because I wanted to make a dedicated server, and things have been a bit of a headache since then.

The log says the following is missing…
Could not find file ‘C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Development\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled’

and yes it isn’t there. What would I need to do to get past this? I do have VS2017 community installed with c++ for game dev and unreal engine addon ticked at install.

Cheers

Ali.

Install it at project level and not at engine level post 4.20

Thanks .

Works! I am having an issue where if I the plugin only seems to work if I launch the game via editor (standalone). If I package the game (dev or shipping), I don’t get an overlay, name, and the create session function that works in standalone doesn’t seem to work.

I do have a steam_appid.txt file with the contents of 480 next to the executables in binaries, but no luck.

Any tips? I’m sure this was working when i first installed the plugin.

Hi, I get this error when im building dedicated server in UE4 source:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error        MoveFile was unable to move 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp' to 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h', retrying in .5s...    MultiplayerTemplate    C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\MultiplayerTemplate\MultiplayerTemplate\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LogFileManager    1    

Then build fails with:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error        Error exporting AdvancedSteamSessions: couldn't write file 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h'    MultiplayerTemplate    C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\MultiplayerTemplate\MultiplayerTemplate\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LogCompile    1    

[quote=“hamaro02, post:1974, topic:30020”]

Hi, I get this error when im building dedicated server in UE4 source:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MoveFile was unable to move 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp' to 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h', retrying in .5s... MultiplayerTemplate C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\MultiplayerTemplate\MultiplayerTemplate\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LogFileManager 1

Then build fails with:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Error exporting AdvancedSteamSessions: couldn't write file 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h' MultiplayerTemplate C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\MultiplayerTemplate\MultiplayerTemplate\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LogCompile 1

Looks like path name length is too long

You were right, thank you

Hi, Just before i get started with my cry for help, wanna say thanks for making this plugin its super useful,

Anyways im with UE4 4.20 And when i try to package i get some errors Such as

PackagingResults: Error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘J:\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled’.
PackagingResults: Error: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\J+UE_4.20\UBT-ZSG-Win64-Shipping.txt)
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\J+UE_4.20\UBT-ZSG-Win64-Shipping.txt)

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Reflection code generated for ZSG in 6.409986 seconds
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘J:\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled’.

Is there any fix? because it worked on 4.19

Thanks!

[quote=“RaginnPotato, post:1977, topic:30020”]

Is there any fix? because it worked on 4.19

Thanks!

Install in the project directory, not the engine one.

Is there any way to get a steam avatar from a net ID that is not ur friend? (Like the “Get steam friend avatar” function but more general) Ty.

Hi, I’ve been using this and it’s amazing, however I can’t seem to get it functioning properly outside of the editor. It packages properly and I can run it, as well as the steam overlay being accessible in the game but I cannot get hosting & joining to work properly, despite functioning 100% perfectly within the editor as I say.

I did set up unreal with steamworks SDK 139 instead of 132 as places say I should, but I’ve tried both 132 and 142 (the latest) but it doesn’t build with either despite me having set up as far as I know everything necessary.

I can create a LAN session, and have it found on another local machine but I am unable to join, otherwise it pretends other sessions do not exist (interestingly I can host an online server fine, but it is not visible to others like it is in the editor). I figure this is likely a Steamworks issue as opposed to an Advanced Sessions issue if it works in the editor but not in a packaged build, but I thought it would be worth reaching out here first.

Also worth noting in my second image, there are no errors displayed so it is presumably not failing to look for servers, it is just failing to find them.

Thanks.

[quote=“Alfffffffffff, post:1980, topic:30020”]

Is there any way to get a steam avatar from a net ID that is not ur friend? (Like the “Get steam friend avatar” function but more general) Ty.

You can use that for non friends as well.

4.20 has some minor bugs on linux -

In file included from /media/chozabu/EmpEn/Unreal/UnrealEngine/Engine/Plugins/SteamSessions/AdvancedSessions/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Development/AdvancedSessions/Module.AdvancedSessions.cpp:3:
/media/chozabu/EmpEn/Unreal/UnrealEngine/Engine/Plugins/SteamSessions/AdvancedSessions/Source/AdvancedSessions/Private/AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp:4:10: fatal error: 'Gameframework/PlayerController.h' file not found

just a case sensitivity issue I think - Gameframework should be GameFramework, in the file mentioned above and a header file. After fix it compiled happily

[quote=“Alex_Chozabu_P-B, post:1982, topic:30020”]

4.20 has some minor bugs on linux -

In file included from /media/chozabu/EmpEn/Unreal/UnrealEngine/Engine/Plugins/SteamSessions/AdvancedSessions/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Development/AdvancedSessions/Module.AdvancedSessions.cpp:3:
/media/chozabu/EmpEn/Unreal/UnrealEngine/Engine/Plugins/SteamSessions/AdvancedSessions/Source/AdvancedSessions/Private/AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp:4:10: fatal error: 'Gameframework/PlayerController.h' file not found

just a case sensitivity issue I think - Gameframework should be GameFramework, in the file mentioned above and a header file. After fix it compiled happily

thanks for the heads up, correct it.

im getting an error “could not find superstruct advancedfreindsfameinstance to create gameinfoinstance_C” when packaging the game then attempting ot play it any help would be wonderful cause im not sure why it doing that and cant find anything online been looking for a while and figured i should just go ahead and ask for help

[quote=“Gabeee, post:#Post:0x000055984cc71728, topic:30020”]

Hello, once again thank you for your work. This plugin is still amazing, but right now I’m stuck and I have no idea what the problem could be. I send an invite to my friend. He gets the steam invitation on Steam but in my game instance the two event does not get called. Neither of them prints anything :S. Any idea what could cause it?

Hello i face the same question.Can you tell me how to fix this problem?

Hey @everyone, how I can know how many player there are connected on server with steam? Tk :slight_smile:

I’m getting that Advance Sessions build error. It was mentioned to throw advance sessions directly into the project folder post 4.20. I went and put Advance Sessions in my project plugin folder and it doesn’t register. Can I ask is there a specific area it goes into?

[quote=“PropagandaWar, post:1987, topic:30020”]

I’m getting that Advance Sessions build error. It was mentioned to throw advance sessions directly into the project folder post 4.20. I went and put Advance Sessions in my project plugin folder and it doesn’t register. Can I ask is there a specific area it goes into?

The Plugins folder

Ok maybe my error is different. I slapped advance sessions in what I believe is my project folder as it’s where my game contect etc is stored in the Plugin section, however it will not even register. So then I went and installed it back in my 4.20 folder plugin where it does. Here is the main error followed by one more 3 more:

ERROR: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessionsPlugin-4-20\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled’.

PackagingResults: Error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessionsPlugin-4-20\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled’.

PackagingResults: Error: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\UBT-Drgkntmpcln1-Win64-Shipping_2.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\UBT-Drgkntmpcln1-Win64-Shipping_2.txt

I want to nail the advance sessions issue. If any other ones persist then I’ll tackle them. Thanks for any help in advance