Advanced Sessions Plugin

[QUOTE=;357954]
This is quite amazing, the default session blueprints are indeed lacking to say the least. I assume you’ll be updating it for 4.9 once it’s released? If so, I’ll try and patiently wait to try it out. :smiley:

Yeah I will be.

:

Nice Work, but if i package the Game and want to Run it, there comes an Error Message.
“Advanced Sessions not found”…“consider disabling the Plugin” (and sth. more)

Is there anyway to fix it?

[QUOTE=xHellYeah;358249]
:

Nice Work, but if i package the Game and want to Run it, there comes an Error Message.
“Advanced Sessions not found”…“consider disabling the Plugin” (and sth. more)

Is there anyway to fix it?

Same problem here

Ive tried to manually paste the DLL in the Packaged Game, changed all the Settings, nonManifest files etc. etc. etc. (trust me i literally did anything i could…)
but nothing works. So if youre back i appreciate a tip how to fix it : :smiley:

Found out how to reproduce the problem.

If the plugin isn’t in a sub folder in the Plugins folder (IE: Plugins/AdvancedSessions) then the engine doesn’t correctly package it. The last release I forgot to move all of the files into a folder prior to zipping them. I have never tried to use it without a sub folder so I couldn’t re-produce it originally but finally it dawned on me that it was the only thing I hadn’t checked on yet.

I updated the download for new users and for everyone else just make a new “AdvancedSessions” folder and move the files into it and everything should work fine. I’ll add a reminder in the installation steps to check that they are in a sub folder already.

Hello,

first of all awesome thanks .

but i have a questions. What happens, if we update sooner or later to 4.9 or 5.0.
Iam pretty sure you also gonna update your plugin, i dont worry about that.

but what happens, if unreal fix the network stuff and add also new funky stuff to the network bp’s.
Could it be, that we need to choose then? I also don’t worry about it, just asking it myself :slight_smile:

greetz

[QUOTE=Spaehling;358997]
Hello,

first of all awesome thanks .

but i have a questions. What happens, if we update sooner or later to 4.9 or 5.0.
Iam pretty sure you also gonna update your plugin, i dont worry about that.

but what happens, if unreal fix the network stuff and add also new funky stuff to the network bp’s.
Could it be, that we need to choose then? I also don’t worry about it, just asking it myself :slight_smile:

greetz

Well the plugin is totally separate so as long as I update to any back end changes it should just keep working and you can toss in anything that unreal does themselves at will as long as it doesn’t conflict somehow (the goal is for that to not happen). Originally I was going to support it until they started adding in these things themselves but I haven’t seen any indication of it being on the horizon and at this point with multiple projects using the plugins I should probably keep it updated for the foreseeable future even if they do start exposing some of this in the base engine. If they add things like the host variables I would probably just switch it over to use those instead of the structures that I had to declare to make it work.

Some things may cause me to feature lock an engine version like 4.7, it was a buggy mess and the plugin was working decently well on it so I dropped updating it so that I could handle other versions later on.

I will be downloading the 4.9 preview soon and checking compatibility on it but when I did that for 4.8 I had to recompile after release as the binaries didn’t work from preview for the release version so there would be a brief delay after release before a working version is out (The time it takes to download and recompile after I get to my computer).

I can not start the engine now ,I am using 4.8.3

Edit
Didn’t see Blue man’s post before posting , apologies ! :slight_smile:
The question is probably along the same lines though.

Hey there .

I have a question. I’m using 4.8.3 binary through the launcher, I’m not sure if this is an issue or not (though I get the hunch it may be why I). So I downloaded the 4.8 version on the first page and went through the following steps.

My workflow.

• Create new 4.8.3 project, Blueprints only.
  • Exit editor.
  • Copy the contents of the zip to Project/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/
  • Startup the project.

The project gets to about 70%-ish loaded and throws up the wonderful warning message.

Plugin 'AdvancedSessions' failed to load because module 'AdvancedSessions' does not appear to be compatible with the current version of the engine.  The plugin may need to be recompiled.

I would be most grateful if you were able to point me in the right direction on this one. Shall I download the 4.8.3 source and build from there. That wouldn’t really be an issue as I’ve done it plenty of times before, I’d just like a little confirmation before I head down that path.

Best Regards
MrNexy

I have another Problem.
After downloading your Update and putting it in my Plugins Folder
there is an Error.

"The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.dll

Would you like to rebuild them now?
"

If i press yes it says compiling failed, do it in the Source.
So i opened Visual Studio and tryed to compile but…:

Error 1 error : Couldn’t find module rules file for module ‘AdvancedSessions’. C:\Game Development\Projects\Spyfull\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC Spyfull

I have now an Idea why.
After browsing through the SpyfullModuleRulesSourceFiles.txt i see this:
“C:\Game Development\Projects\Spyfull\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.Build.cs”

so… the Problem is there is no AdvancedSessions.Build.Cs included in your newest Update.

edit: Fixed it myself now, just putted in the old Files from the .zip before (I still had them)

nah it was missing the entire source folder contents, I must have hit enter during copy while fixing the folders last night (I really should double check things before uploading when i’m doing something that late :p).

Its been fixed, but like I said you didn’t need to download the entire thing over again.

[QUOTE=xHellYeah;359175]

edit: Fixed it myself now, just putted in the old Files from the .zip before (I still had them)

I did the same thing and now it work but when I make sub folder I can’t package my project and without sub folder I can package my project but I can’t run my game.

Edit: I made C++ project and I can not compile it.

//fixed it

[QUOTE=MrNexy;359167]
Edit
Snip

Sorry again this is the result of uploading it with the source folder missing, normally loading from 4.8.1 to 4.8.3 it would just compile it for you. The newest download should work as I added the source folder back in, I think I had hit enter with focus on the copy operation while I was working on something else.

My multitasking isn’t what it used to be.

I’ll also update my work copy to 4.8.3 and recompile to stay up to date on the latest version release for the download.

Edit Also I downloaded the 4.9 preview 4 this morning and got the plugin working, will release a test version when the compiler is done. They changed a lot of the functions to take Const parameters now and modified some of the delegates so it was a bit of a hassle to convert. If anyone runs into any crashes or bugs with it on 4.9 (Especially the friends functions as they were the ones changed) please let me know.

4.9 Preview 4 compatible build is uploaded on main page.

4.8 Build has been re-compiled in latest hotfix version 4.8.3 and re-uploaded (double checked folders this time)

[QUOTE=;359263]
Sorry again this is the result of uploading it with the source folder missing, normally loading from 4.8.1 to 4.8.3 it would just compile it for you. The newest download should work as I added the source folder back in, I think I had hit enter with focus on the copy operation while I was working on something else.

My multitasking isn’t what it used to be.

I’ll also update my work copy to 4.8.3 and recompile to stay up to date on the latest version release for the download.

Edit Also I downloaded the 4.9 preview 4 this morning and got the plugin working, will release a test version when the compiler is done. They changed a lot of the functions to take Const parameters now and modified some of the delegates so it was a bit of a hassle to convert. If anyone runs into any crashes or bugs with it on 4.9 (Especially the friends functions as they were the ones changed) please let me know.

Good to go , thank you very much for this ! I’ve been dying for more access to OSS in BP :slight_smile:
Keep up the great work !

[QUOTE=;359110]
Well the plugin is totally separate so as long as I update to any back end changes it should just keep working and you can toss in anything that unreal does themselves at will as long as it doesn’t conflict somehow (the goal is for that to not happen). Originally I was going to support it until they started adding in these things themselves but I haven’t seen any indication of it being on the horizon and at this point with multiple projects using the plugins I should probably keep it updated for the foreseeable future even if they do start exposing some of this in the base engine. If they add things like the host variables I would probably just switch it over to use those instead of the structures that I had to declare to make it work.

Some things may cause me to feature lock an engine version like 4.7, it was a buggy mess and the plugin was working decently well on it so I dropped updating it so that I could handle other versions later on.

I will be downloading the 4.9 preview soon and checking compatibility on it but when I did that for 4.8 I had to recompile after release as the binaries didn’t work from preview for the release version so there would be a brief delay after release before a working version is out (The time it takes to download and recompile after I get to my computer).

awesome and thanks again :slight_smile: yeah i tested your plugin. its pretty simple to switch. Nothing to worry about. So keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a fantastic plugin, I am definitely going to use it in my project. If you are still looking to add features it would very nice if you could look at the online voice chat system and expose it to BluePrint, if it is even possible. I would love to be able to have VoiceChat playing through a soundcomponent of my choice.

1 Like

Well they do have a VoiceInterface that works with subsystems, i’ll look into it, however Spatialization doesn’t appear to be possible with simply exposing it to blueprints from what i’ve read.

A blueprint system for it would more be like muting players and controlling push to talk and things like that and notifying when someone starts talking. Anything more would require re-writes of what Epic has already done.

Edit
Yeah the voice interface is simple stuff (no Spatialization though), already adding it in. You can expect an update in the next few days with more features. Also taking a look at the cloud and party interfaces and a few others to see if anything in them would make good use of blueprint access.

Wish I had named it something else, Advanced Sessions doesn’t really cover everything it is going to handle.

1 Like