Advanced Sessions Plugin

Hello, I’m new to Advanced Sessions and I love what you are doing for the UE4 blueprint community. With that being said, i downloaded version of the plugin and it runs fine in the editor but when i package it to test the game with my brother, it says that it cannot find the module. Is there something that i have to do get it to work or is this just a bug?

1 Like

[QUOTE=Blue man;586023]
Do you maybe know why On session invite accepted doesn’t work in a C++ project?

As in you don’t get the notification? The event is blueprint, you won’t receive the delegate in c++. If you mean that you don’t get in in blueprints with c++ code in your project then you haven’t derived the game isntance from the AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.

1 Like

It doesn’t work in Blueprints but I think I know what I did wrong, I made a C++ Game Instance based on yours because I needed to do my own stuff in there, I guess I was maybe overriding some of your stuff but I found a way around this problem, I just modified your Game Instance to do what I needed.

1 Like

[QUOTE=Blue man;586062]
It doesn’t work in Blueprints but I think I know what I did wrong, I made a C++ Game Instance based on yours because I needed to do my own stuff in there, I guess I was maybe overriding some of your stuff but I found a way around this problem, I just modified your Game Instance to do what I needed.

As long as you call Super::Shutdown() and Super::Init() from your gameinstance in those two functions it should work fine. If you don’t call those then it never gets back to the code I wrote.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;586443]
As long as you call Super::Shutdown() and Super::Init() from your gameinstance in those two functions it should work fine. If you don’t call those then it never gets back to the code I wrote.

Oh, thanks I didn’t know that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there. I just noticed a copy/paste error in the AdvancedFriendsInterface.

Apparently both OnSessionInviteReceived and Accepted have the same Display name ( OnSessionInviteAccepted )

both of them seems to be using meta = (DisplayName = “OnSessionInviteAccepted”) , and they appear exactly the same in the blueprint.

1 Like

[QUOTE=Frozenfire;586534]
Hi there. I just noticed a copy/paste error in the AdvancedFriendsInterface.

Apparently both OnSessionInviteReceived and Accepted have the same Display name ( OnSessionInviteAccepted )

both of them seems to be using meta = (DisplayName = “OnSessionInviteAccepted”) , and they appear exactly the same in the blueprint.

Good catch, i’ll fix it for 4.13.

1 Like

Never mind also updated .5 with the fix as well. Also added an MIT license so that people won’t have to ask me anymore.

1 Like

4.13 Preview 3 appears to have reverted the voice fix and also broke steam multiplayer?

I can’t find any changes that would cause that on github so I am waiting to see if I have the beta steam client at home (it had a bricked patch yesterday).

1 Like

[QUOTE=;587595]
4.13 Preview 3 appears to have reverted the voice fix and also broke steam multiplayer?

I can’t find any changes that would cause that on github so I am waiting to see if I have the beta steam client at home (it had a bricked patch yesterday).

May be it is just a problem with the preview versions.

1 Like

[QUOTE=Blue man;587651]
May be it is just a problem with the preview versions.

I hope so, because 4.13 preview 1 was the best shape that the online subsystem has ever been in with voice working.

1 Like

Well, I guess you’ll find out soon. I just got the 4.13.0 release update. Hopefully things still work. :wink:

1 Like

[QUOTE=NikoKun;588141]
Well, I guess you’ll find out soon. I just got the 4.13.0 release update. Hopefully things still work. :wink:

Oh cool, its out. i’ll download

1 Like

Uploaded 4.13.0 download, seems to be working fine, haven’t been able to test voice yet.

1 Like

On behalf of all, thanks for the prompt update, and your great plugin! ;D This will be a fun weekend now. heh

1 Like

Hey, I’m getting a crash anytime I utilise the Get Steam Friend Avatar BP node?
Any ideas?

Using 4.13 and updated my plugin to 4.13.

[QUOTE]
MachineId:75CE9F1A48F6E8B2C7473DB4571AB544
EpicAccountId:5f6d056ed6244bbaa4285b2303850059

Unknown exception - code c06d007f (first/second chance not available)

KERNELBASE
UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!__delayLoadHelper2() [f:\dd\vctools\delayimp\delayhlp.cpp:386]
UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!_tailMerge_steam_api64_dll()
UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!CSteamAPIContext::Init() [c:\program files (x86)\epic games\4.13\engine\source hirdparty\steamworks\steamv137\sdk\public\steam\steam_api_internal.h:92]
UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!SteamFriends() [c:\program files (x86)\epic games\4.13\engine\source hirdparty\steamworks\steamv137\sdk\public\steam\steam_api_internal.h:33]
UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!UAdvancedFriendsLibrary::GetSteamFriendAvatar() [f:\ue4 projects\battlegrounds\plugins\advancedsessions\source\advancedsessions\private\advancedfriendslibrary.cpp:104]
UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!UAdvancedFriendsLibrary::execGetSteamFriendAvatar() [f:\ue4 projects\battlegrounds\plugins\advancedsessions\source\advancedsessions\classes\advancedfriendslibrary.h:35]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4280]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:697]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessContextOpcode() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:2126]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::execLetObj() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1961]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:922]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:821]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:922]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:821]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4280]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1305]
UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!TMulticastScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>::ProcessMulticastDelegate<UObject>() [c:\program files (x86)\epic games\4.13\engine\source\runtime\core\public\uobject\scriptdelegates.h:459]
UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!UGetFriendsCallbackProxy::OnReadFriendsListCompleted() [f:\ue4 projects\battlegrounds\plugins\advancedsessions\source\advancedsessions\private\getfriendscallbackproxy.cpp:85]
UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,UGetFriendsCallbackProxy,void __cdecl(int,bool,FString const & __ptr64,FString const & __ptr64)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [c:\program files (x86)\epic games\4.13\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:848]
UE4Editor_OnlineSubsystemSteam!FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamReadFriendsList::TriggerDelegates()
UE4Editor_OnlineSubsystem!FOnlineAsyncTaskManager::GameTick()
UE4Editor_OnlineSubsystemSteam!FOnlineSubsystemSteam::Tick()
UE4Editor_Core!FTicker::Tick() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\containers icker.cpp:79]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2938]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:156]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
kernel32
ntdll

1 Like

Are you checking if the returned avatar is valid or not? it is not guaranteed to return a valid avatar if steam is still loading one in.

Edit wait, did you install a new version of the steam sdk?

1 Like

Hey, I did originally try to update with v137 but that was more headaches than worth so reverted it back to using v132. Something I do borked it that you can see that I can’t?

1 Like

[QUOTE=NukePie;589576]
Hey, I did originally try to update with v137 but that was more headaches than worth so reverted it back to using v132. Something I do borked it that you can see that I can’t?

Yeah your folders are showing as v137 instead of v132 which was making me wonder if you were using the wrong sdk version.

1 Like

can someone tell me why it keeps trowing this error at me?

[QUOTE]
AdvancedSessionsLog:Warning: UniqueNetIdToString received a bad UniqueNetId!

1 Like