Advanced Sessions Plugin

for the record, i’m running on the old 4.11.1 build before the hotfix for dedicated servers.

Suggestion:

in void UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::GetSessionSettings, add:

bAllowInvites = settings->bAllowInvites;
bAllowJoinInProgress = settings->bAllowJoinInProgress;

to the function and references to the deceleration, otherwise when using getSessionSettings and UpdateSession you can never fill in the bools with current data

1 Like

[QUOTE=GotSomePills;536951]
for the record, i’m running on the old 4.11.1 build before the hotfix for dedicated servers.

Suggestion:

in void UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::GetSessionSettings, add:

bAllowInvites = settings->bAllowInvites;
bAllowJoinInProgress = settings->bAllowJoinInProgress;

to the function and references to the deceleration, otherwise when using getSessionSettings and UpdateSession you can never fill in the bools with current data

Yeah I made a note of that after the last update. Its probably worth rebuilding 4.11.2 with it instead of waiting for . I’ll set it to recompile all 10 binaries while I work.

Edit Uploaded with that change

1 Like

Any plans of adding the ability to get a game’s name? For example, now you can see if a person is playing a game and/or playing the same game, but there’s no way of getting the name of the game they’re currently playing? It’s a little bit nitpicky, and would really only serve a purpose for a friend’s list. But it would be a welcome addition. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[QUOTE=;537148]
Yeah I made a note of that after the last update. Its probably worth rebuilding 4.11.2 with it instead of waiting for . I’ll set it to recompile all 10 binaries while I work.

Edit Uploaded with that change

I just haven’t updated my engine to 4.11.2 yet, the Project will probably stay with 4.11 from here on too so i’ll just add to the plugin as I need it once we do the hotfix update

1 Like

Hi ,
first of all, I would to thank you for this amazing work.

I’ve been “playing” with this pluging with a PC project in the last few days and I’ve seen how it works moreless. In this project I’ve been able to create and join sessions, look for steam friends, invite them to play etc.
The problems come when exporting this project to ps4. First, and the less important: in AdvancedFriendsLibrary::RequestSteamFriendInfo a nullptr is returned (but it should be a boolean).
And there appear other errors of this type: Command line : error: L0039: reference to undefined symbol `SteamAPI_Init’ in file “D:\Unreal\OnlineTest\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\PS4\OnlineTest-AdvancedSessions.a(AdvancedFriendsLibrary.cpp.o)”

I have searched but not found anything about this plugin working on ps4… Is it possible?

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Is there anything special you had to do to get the compiler to let you use

#include <steam/steam_api.h>”

i’m trying to use that just in my project outside of the plugin to try and get some of the global leader board functionality working from steam and i’m just getting “cannot open include file : No such file or directory” on it

1 Like

[QUOTE=MaXi;539014]
Hi ,
first of all, I would to thank you for this amazing work.

I’ve been “playing” with this pluging with a PC project in the last few days and I’ve seen how it works moreless. In this project I’ve been able to create and join sessions, look for steam friends, invite them to play etc.
The problems come when exporting this project to ps4. First, and the less important: in AdvancedFriendsLibrary::RequestSteamFriendInfo a nullptr is returned (but it should be a boolean).
And there appear other errors of this type: Command line : error: L0039: reference to undefined symbol `SteamAPI_Init’ in file “D:\Unreal\OnlineTest\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\PS4\OnlineTest-AdvancedSessions.a(AdvancedFriendsLibrary.cpp.o)”

I have searched but not found anything about this plugin working on ps4… Is it possible?

Thank you very much.

The plugin only implements Epics subsystem interfaces in blueprint, some features are unfinished on their end and PS4’s community system might be one of them. I would have to check when I have time to see if they have any functions at all attached to PS4.

[QUOTE=GotSomePills;539843]
Is there anything special you had to do to get the compiler to let you use

#include <steam/steam_api.h>”

i’m trying to use that just in my project outside of the plugin to try and get some of the global leader board functionality working from steam and i’m just getting “cannot open include file : No such file or directory” on it

You have to add additional required modules to your project, check the build.cs for the plugin.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;539987]

You have to add additional required modules to your project, check the build.cs for the plugin.

So, when it comes to packaging for consoles, is it safe to have “steamworks” etc in the Public Dependancy Modules? or should they be nested inside an if(target.platform) statement? Also, would you then need to have them as dynamically loaded?

1 Like

Hi,

Any chance of a update for ? is there any way i can recompile this my self?

1 Like

Why can you not put a project out with a plugin in it?

1 Like

[QUOTE=OverRated_AU;540298]
Hi,

Any chance of a update for ? is there any way i can recompile this my self?

Would be really interested, too! hopefully you’ll find some time :slight_smile:

1 Like

[QUOTE=SchnitzelDude;540317]
Would be really interested, too! hopefully you’ll find some time :slight_smile:

I always update this :p, the update just hit at a bad time so I couldn’t do it as quickly as I normally do. I’m installing now and will re-upload when complete

[QUOTE=GotSomePills;540272]
So, when it comes to packaging for consoles, is it safe to have “steamworks” etc in the Public Dependancy Modules? or should they be nested inside an if(target.platform) statement? Also, would you then need to have them as dynamically loaded?

Should probably nested to be safe, code wise I doubt it could hurt but you don’t need the module at all if you are packaging for consoles. I should probably go over the steam specific code in the plugin at some point and isolate it from non steam capable builds.

The main problem with the plugin is that the nodes will still show in editor as it doesn’t know what you are going to be packaging for so if you use any of them it will fail to package and might be a tough debug for blueprint users.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;540382]
I always update this :p, the update just hit at a bad time so I couldn’t do it as quickly as I normally do. I’m installing now and will re-upload when complete

Sweet good to hear thanks.

1 Like

.0 version is uploaded.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;540522]
.0 version is uploaded.

I love you! Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to let you know, I tested my game again and “OnSessionInviteAccepted” works only when I call it from the GameInstance.

1 Like

[QUOTE=Blue man;540677]
Just to let you know, I tested my game again and “OnSessionInviteAccepted” works only when I call it from the GameInstance.

Ok so the first part is working fine, I’ll run a test myself using a character class with the interface and make sure that part isn’t bugged since 4.11

1 Like

How do you set up a dedicated server with this plugin. Would you still need to go through the usual process of setting up a dedicated server? (Currently when i have dedicated server ticked… it can’t be found by the game and is seen as a client server… or just the usual server.)

MY set-up at the moment,

I have the nodes inside of the main menu ui.
I am using steam.
Everything works fine when not trying to do dedicated server.
Blueprint project.
version 4.11.2

1 Like

I need to transfer NET ID’d Between players so I converted the Net ID to a string because transferring the struct NET ID fails. The problem is, is that I can’t convert the string back into a NET ID to use for nodes such as the “Get Friend Avatar”.

1 Like

When loading the plugin for on the Github build, it gives these error messages:

Meanwhile, if I use the binary release from the launcher, it works perfectly. Any ideas on how to fix it?

1 Like