Advanced Sessions Plugin

I have installed the plugin but it tells me “Missing or incompatible modules in AdvancesSessions plugin” when i try to restart my 4.11 project. Can you help me to resolve it? Thanks!

1 Like

[QUOTE=tueurdudimanche;504293]
I have installed the plugin but it tells me “Missing or incompatible modules in AdvancesSessions plugin” when i try to restart my 4.11 project. Can you help me to resolve it? Thanks!

I’ve never seen that message, are you on a BP only project and do you have a compiler installed at all?

1 Like

Hi , first off I would like to thank you for this Plugin!
Trying to create and find a Session I faced some problems. I can’t find any Session I created.
I am using the Engine Version 4.10.4.
If I search for Sessions it always gives me “0 Sessions found”… and I don’t know why. I am testing this with another Computer of a friend of mine.

Creating a Session:

Searching for Sessions:

I would love to know where the mistake is I made.
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Thanks for this plugin! Amazing work. However I am facing an issue. I am using 4.10.4, I have a small server list box, if I double click on the server it says Success, that means it connected, however it doesn’t load the world, and if I check the player count it shows 0. If I double click again then it says failed, but still not working correctly. It works fine if I use the default Create Session. (not the plugin). What am I doing wrong? Also I didn’t see a new Join Session node, I assume we can use the default one right?

EDIT: It was another problem after all. Fixed it.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;506705]
Hi , first off I would like to thank you for this Plugin!
Trying to create and find a Session I faced some problems. I can’t find any Session I created.
I am using the Engine Version 4.10.4.
If I search for Sessions it always gives me “0 Sessions found”… and I don’t know why. I am testing this with another Computer of a friend of mine.

I would love to know where the mistake is I made.
Thanks in advance!

Just a quick glance at it you’ll want to remove the “Dedicated server” check unless you are actually running it as a dedicated server build and you need to have “Use Presence” checked if it isn’t a dedicated server as well. From what you are saying I get the feeling that you are just hosting as a client (also since you are passing in a player controller into the create session node).

1 Like

Hi , thanks for the great plugin, its be quite helpful.

I’ve been trying to set up voice chat and I’ve come across a problem, nothing happens.

3c9af4bc90.png

This is my current set up. Am I missing something or doing anything wrong?

1 Like

Check the log for errors, also you don’t need to “register all local talkers” unless you’ve unregistered them and make sure that you have an actual session running.

1 Like

Where would I find the log? Should this work in editor? I’ve tested both the editor and a packaged version and it’s not doing anything for me. I feel like I’m missing something

1 Like

Hi , i’ve sent you a PM but i’m not sure if you’ve seen it or not, just wondering if there are any terms of use regarding commercial projects with this plugin? Also, finally got it working on 4.11, i’m guessing there was just something catastrophically wrong with my source build of 4.8.3

1 Like

[QUOTE=sgtfluffybutt;507313]
Where would I find the log? Should this work in editor? I’ve tested both the editor and a packaged version and it’s not doing anything for me. I feel like I’m missing something

Check “View output log” in the editor, it displays any warnings there.

[QUOTE=GotSomePills;507335]
Hi , i’ve sent you a PM but i’m not sure if you’ve seen it or not, just wondering if there are any terms of use regarding commercial projects with this plugin? Also, finally got it working on 4.11, i’m guessing there was just something catastrophically wrong with my source build of 4.8.3

There is no attached license at all, consider it public domain. There have already been some things released on steam that used it.

1 Like

[QUOTE=;507343]
Check “View output log” in the editor, it displays any warnings there.

Thank you for that. It says its currently used by another user, have you seen that before?

1 Like

[QUOTE=sgtfluffybutt;507348]
Thank you for that. It says its currently used by another user, have you seen that before?

No, but it sounds like some other app has exclusive access to your microphone?

1 Like

Do you have any documentation on this in one place or is all the information just scattered around this thread?

Also, what does “Uses stats” do?

1 Like

[QUOTE=GotSomePills;508825]
Do you have any documentation on this in one place or is all the information just scattered around this thread?

Also, what does “Uses stats” do?

“Steam stats” or its equivilant, the plugin comes with an example blueprint with all of the nodes in it but no, there is no wiki or write up other than the getting started part of the first post.

1 Like

Hi, regarding Post #443 I set “use preference” and removed the “is dedicated server”.

The strange thing is, sometimes it finds a session but most of the time it does not.
And also it looks like it doesn’t matter if “is dedicated Server” is checked or not. Sometimes it finds a Session, sometimes it doesn’t (without any changes at all).
Also Firewall on both sides are turned off for testing purposes.

When it actually finds the Server and I want to join, the game crashes. My Join function is below… maybe that’s causing the problem with the “find server” issue?
I have no clue :confused:

It would be wonderfull if this will work some day cause the extra settings feature is just great!
Best regards

1 Like

Well it works fine last I checked, you are doing something incorrectly somewhere.

Where is it crashing in your “join game” function?

For one thing you aren’t validating that the session structure actually exists when you are using “Get” on the array for it, if the index is out of bounds or the structure is bad then it will crash there. Also checking “is dedicated” makes a world of difference as it throws away the player controller that you pass in if you leave it checked.

Sometimes finding a session and sometimes not doesn’t make any sense unless you have something messed up with your hosting code or searching nodes.

I am also curious as to why you are having it update the session right away in your hosting code, was that just for testing?

Some general notes though if using steam:

You can’t search for sessions if you are hosting one, the search will fail

You can’t search for sessions outside of your country in many cases, app ID 480 is region locked

You can’t use the sessions at all inside the editor unless you launch as “stand alone” as the editor creates a local session if it is running as in editor or new editor window.

1 Like

Hi , removing the “Update Session” node did the trick! Now I am able to find Sessions.
Joining still doesn’t work, I know this might not be the right place to put it but do you have any Idea what the following means?

Warning: STEAM: Session (Game) already exists, can’t join twice

There was only me hosting a Game for sure. Is it a problem with the app ID 480?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

[QUOTE=;509595]
Hi , removing the “Update Session” node did the trick! Now I am able to find Sessions.
Joining still doesn’t work, I know this might not be the right place to put it but do you have any Idea what the following means?

Warning: STEAM: Session (Game) already exists, can’t join twice

There was only me hosting a Game for sure. Is it a problem with the app ID 480?

Thanks in advance!

Um…are you trying to join it from the host instance?

1 Like

What do you mean by host instance? Do you mean dedicated server?

1 Like

[QUOTE=;510073]
What do you mean by host instance? Do you mean dedicated server?

From the machine hosting the server, you are getting a lot of weird little issues that I haven’t seen before and I don’t know where your implementation is off because I don’t have a copy of your project.

1 Like