Advanced Sessions Plugin

Could you give me some more guidance? I looked at the entire site and didn’t find any reference to UGC. Do you know where I can find information about this?

I haven’t used it personally so no, but there are plenty of EOS tutorials around.

@mordentrail. Little late but heres the Debug Log.

And steam is installed on this computer? And you didn’t replace the steam sdk in engine? Its failing to bind to the delegate in the Steam API.

Steam is running, and I haven’t changed anything regarding the engine. :thinking:

I’m using advanced sessions for UE 5.3 in a published game. It works for majority of players but a rare few seem to have issue with connecting to the session. I managed to get logs from an affected player which is giving the error below when trying to join session.

LogNet: Error: UEngine::BroadcastNetworkFailure: FailureType = PendingConnectionFailure, ErrorString = Your connection to the host has been lost., Driver = PendingNetDriver SteamNetDriver_2147446005

This seems a bit vague in what the issue is. From what I can see, it is refusing the connection entirely. From my understanding, it seems to be an issue with a person’s computer/internet and not with the game. Anyone know any more information on what this error could mean?

Hey there! I’ve been using this plugin for a week or two and at first it worked really well.

But now I’m running into an issue where trying to package the project fails with errors like this:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogLinker: Warning: [AssetLog] C:\UnrealProj\MyProj\Content\MyProj\Core\Blueprints\MyProjGameInstance.uasset: VerifyImport: Failed to find script package for import object ‘Package /Script/AdvancedSteamSessions’
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler] In use pin no longer exists on node RequestSteamFriendInfo . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/MyProj/Core/Blueprints/MyProjGameInstance.MyProjGameInstance
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler] In use pin no longer exists on node RequestSteamFriendInfo . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/MyProj/Core/Blueprints/MyProjGameInstance.MyProjGameInstance
UA

After attempting a build, all the blueprint nodes related to AdvancedSessions turn red and show as “unknown function”

Strangely - the project DOES build, unless I add a reference to MyProjGameInstance (which is a subclass of AdvancedFriendsGameInstance) from various other blueprints.

Any ideas?

I read that in 5.4 they fixed the problem with steam. Can you tell me if steam sockets with advanced session work in 5.4?

To follow up on my question:
I solved this by editing AdvancedSettings.uplugin to use LoadingPhase:Predefault instead of Default.

The current uplugin is already pre-default

Are these events broken? they no longer seem to get called. I’m on engine version 5.3.2.

Do I need to update the engine and plugin?

Thanks.

Accepted gets called, so long as you are using that game instance and a subsystem is active that implements it (steam for example). However if you are specifically using steam the Invite Received even has never worked for that. Its implemented because its part of the engine subsystem interface and some subsystems do implement it, just not steam.