Advanced Sessions Plugin

Master branch is now 5.0 and 4.27 is locked to its own branch. I’ll be compile prebuilt binaries later on after some additional testing.

1 Like

Is there a Binary for UE5 Released yet that’s not for a preview build?

1 Like

Compiling that today, takes longer on a full release

5 Likes

Prebuilt binaries are live for 5.0

4 Likes

Is there a guideline how to migrate a live 4.27 Project to 5.0 ?

1 Like

As far as this plugin goes there shouldn’t be any changes made.

1 Like

okay,
I’ll wait a week or 2 (other dependencies) then I try to migrate to UE5.

1 Like

The zip name still says Preview. Is this correct?

1 Like

Yes, I replaced the back end zip but google keeps the original name, I just renamed it for clarity just now since you mentioned it.

2 Likes

Why tho? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

for anybody that used dedicated server i have this issue - i can see the session on steam and on game but when i join to the game - i have this error –
LogNet: Error: UEngine::BroadcastNetworkFailure: FailureType = ConnectionTimeout, ErrorString = UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection… Elapsed: 20.00, Real: 20.00, Good: 20.00, DriverTime: 20.01, Threshold: 20.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 75.119.137.14:7777, Name: SteamNetConnection_2147482437, Driver: PendingNetDriver SteamNetDriver_2147482438, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL, UniqueId: INVALID, Driver = PendingNetDriver SteamNetDriver_2147482438

and this only happens on remote server and it works fine if i create server on my pc

I am having an issue with getting the servers to show up via listen servers. It was working exactly as intended in 4.26.2 but the moment I migrated to 5.0 it isn’t working no more. Anything different I need to find servers again?

Is “Advanced Session Plugin” working for android and IOS ?
I am working with 4.27.2

Insofar as the plugin goes yes, but you have to use the correct subsystem.

Thanks so much.
What dose “the correct subsystem” mean?
Dose it mean I have to use “AdvancedSessionsPlugin-4.27” for unreal 4.27 ??

Advanced Sessions doesn’t do the networking connections, it exposes more options that already exist in engine.

You need to use an engine subsystem that works for your platform, like EOS or Android Online Subsystem

I am getting “ERROR, BAD UNIQUE NET ID” being returned from getting a SteamID of a player who joins a multiplayer session.

This is my BP code which works fine for the host of a session, but a player that joins will return the error described. Do I need to get a unique player controller ID or something I’m missing?

UE4Editor_yaRYHp89Dx

Getting their own id or are you trying to get someone elses?

Trying to get their own ID

That should function fine, you can wait around for the player array and check that too but the PC unique ID is supposed to be filled in. Its not on AS’s end though, it filled in on the engines backend