Advanced Sessions Plugin

Set MinSlotsAvailable to 0 like its default is.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. Actually, my game is already on Steam, and works perfectly fine with your amazing plugin. But, when I tested on PS4 test kits, the ā€œFindAdvancedSessionsā€ node returns success with an Results array.
However, when I revert back to the native FindSessions node, it worked accordingly.
I wish AdvancedSessions plugin works because it provide so much needed utility.

Thank you, Hero!!!

You would have to use the equivalent subsystem for , its a registered developer only accessible module and not part of the engine by default.

I know.

Hi, how do I make it work on android? on the server, the subsystem is null, on the android GooglePlay. I get the PreLogin error

Hi I already set the following configurations on DefaultEngine.ini to force a specific build id:

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=Steam
bUseBuildIdOverride=true
BuildIdOverride=1

I used the build id ā€œ1ā€ only for testing now, will use different one later.

However on my client when trying to connect to the server I can see in the logs the following (right after the my specific server ip address):

Removed incompatible build: ServerBuildUniqueId = 0x00000000, GetBuildUniqueId() = 0x00000001

I am packaging both targets the client and server, and that log is on the client, so it seems the client gets the correct build id according to the DefaultEngine.ini configuration, however the server keeps with the version 0, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot!

Hi, any chance ISteamUtils Interface (Steamworks Documentation) Steam Text Filtering to be added?

I have never used that override, however is the server a dedicated one? Because dedicated servers work a bit differently and in engine they may not be using that setting.

Regardless its an engine level issue and not plugin related.

Iā€™ll look at it

Hello . Could you tell me a way to use your plugin on the mobile platform?

Master (4.26) and the 4.27 branch have a new commit on them:

Added new Steam sessions functions:
IsOverlay Enabled
InitTextFiltering
FilterText
IsSteamInBigPictureMode

4.27 binaries uploaded and the repository has been changed to lock the 4.26 branch away and set default/master to 4.27.

1 Like

Hey there, thanks for the plugin!

I have a strange issue: Iā€™m able to find and connect to my dedicated server over LAN and everything seems to work fine but Iā€™m just not able to find the same server over the ā€œinternetā€. There are no find results. Any idea what could go wrong?

Using Steam and Advanced Steam Sessions. Thanks for any hints. :slight_smile:

Check your open ports, dedicated servers need them

We like penta-checked all the ports are open and whether any traffic on other ports is blocked, both in-and-out-bound traffic. Nothing.

Is there anything else that could potentially be an issue?

Hey any Update there?

The default engine nodes arenā€™t working with steam on launch 4.27 even, considering it was all working in 4.27 Previews I assume something snuck into final release to break them.

1 Like

Hey There,

Been using this plugin for quite some time now. Never had any issues I couldnā€™t figure out. However, with the new update to 4.27, none of the calls to create a server via ā€˜Internetā€™ work. Dedicated or not, it does not work with steam.

Should also mention, With both the github repository and the 4.27 Google Drive links, UE4 attempts to rebuild them, suggesting they were built with an old version. I donā€™t believe Iā€™ve had that issue in the past with updates, although I generally waited in the past to update.

Just figured Iā€™d toss this out there, as I saw someone saying it wasnā€™t working with dedicated. It also is not working with standard hosting. With the same exact set up, with 4.26, it works flawlessly. However, it will always fail and print my failed message, no matter what, if Internet is chosen (the Bool for LAN is false). Again, to reinforce what the other person said, with LAN as the setting, it works fine.

Thanks again for the awesome plugin. If thereā€™s anything you need on my end, let me know.

-Mahv

@Mahvimcoo If you are referring to my comment, Iā€™m having this exact issue with 4.26 actually. :confused:

Could you please kindly post a screenshot of all the Blueprint graph you have in your 4.26 project to make your server appear ā€œon the internetā€?