Advanced Sessions Plugin

Is the “GetUniqueNetID” equivalent to the players full ip address? It would be useful to send hosting players ip to a variable on my server and then have joiners open my server and look for the hosted games that way. It looks like C++ has some handy tools like GetNetConnection and UNetConnection which would be super awesome to have in blueprint. But I suppose if AdvancedSessions “GetUniqueNetID” does this that could cover it.

[quote=“Allenheathx, post:2156, topic:30020”]

Is the “GetUniqueNetID” equivalent to the players full ip address? It would be useful to send hosting players ip to a variable on my server and then have joiners open my server and look for the hosted games that way. It looks like C++ has some handy tools like GetNetConnection and UNetConnection which would be super awesome to have in blueprint. But I suppose if AdvancedSessions “GetUniqueNetID” does this that could cover it.

No, it is the “netid”, whatever the subsystem uses to uniquely identify the user. In steam it is their SteamID for example.

I’m using a Github build of Oculus’ version of UE4.21 and I can’t seem to get this plugin to work because it was built with a different version. Is there any way around this, and will it work with the OculusSubsystem VoIP? Any help would be awesome, as I know no C+

[quote=“Jarrod84, post:2158, topic:30020”]

I’m using a Github build of Oculus’ version of UE4.21 and I can’t seem to get this plugin to work because it was built with a different version. Is there any way around this, and will it work with the OculusSubsystem VoIP? Any help would be awesome, as I know no C+

No, it is a seperate engine binary, you have to re-compile it for that engine version, you should be able to place it in the engine plugins folder though and compile it along with the rest of the engine if your project isn’t c++.

Hi . I have a problem with Advanced Session Plugin and Host Server in LAN.

It works when I use Create Advanced Session and Steam is working but when I try to use it for LAN, the node fails.

I read how to make it work and I followed the idea that you can not host a server in LAN while your Steam is working. So I just checked if Steam is active or inactive: When its Active, I use the node and creates a Server for Steam. If its inactive, I let them Host a server for LAN and Create an Advanced Session with Use LAN checked. The thing is that Create Advanced Session Fails when I use it for LAN and fails when Use LAN is checked. Which options do I have to make it work properly in Steam and LAN?

[quote=“gon, post:2160, topic:30020”]

Hi . I have a problem with Advanced Session Plugin and Host Server in LAN.

It works when I use Create Advanced Session and Steam is working but when I try to use it for LAN, the node fails.

I read how to make it work and I followed the idea that you can not host a server in LAN while your Steam is working. So I just checked if Steam is active or inactive: When its Active, I use the node and creates a Server for Steam. If its inactive, I let them Host a server for LAN and Create an Advanced Session with Use LAN checked. The thing is that Create Advanced Session Fails when I use it for LAN and fails when Use LAN is checked. Which options do I have to make it work properly in Steam and LAN?

For Steam + Lan check this:

This works fine for me.

In general “Lan” checkbox is not enough for Steam + Lan.
You need to open the map with this:

MapName?listen?bIsLanMatch=1

[quote=“theone866, post:#Post:0x000055984dc4f898, topic:30020”]

For Steam + Lan check this:

This works fine for me.

In general “Lan” checkbox is not enough for Steam + Lan.
You need to open the map with this:

MapName?listen?bIsLanMatch=1

Thnx for your answer. I already found that.
Does it work for blueprints?
I mean, I use OpenLevel node with Option “listen”. If I use listen?bIsLanMatch=1 does nothing.

BTW my problem is before OpenLevel.
It is in Create Advanced Session node itself. If I create a Print String saying “Failed” and join it when node On Failure, it prints the string.

[quote=“gon”]

I mean, I use OpenLevel node with Option “listen”. If I use listen?bIsLanMatch=1 does nothing.

BTW my problem is before OpenLevel.
It is in Create Advanced Session node itself. If I create a Print String saying “Failed” and join it when node On Failure, it prints the string.

Check your console/output log for an error message…

[quote=“gon”]

Yes, I using blueprints. “Open Level” node without this: “MapName?listen?bIsLanMatch=1”, not work for me… and Lan + Steam doesn’t work.

By the way… if you test steam in Editor make sure you have:
Example: C:/UNREAL_PROJECTS/ProjectName/Saved/Config/Windows/EditorPerProjectUserSettings.ini you have this line: PlayNetMode=PIE_Standalone

If “PlayNetMode” is something else (listen) steam integration failed to start in unreal editor. Anyway… there is no way to test with 2 players - steam game in the editor, it works only with 1 player. So, make dev builds, start the game 2 times on the same PC and check .txt logs in the game folder for errors.

@theone866 Nevermind, I have noticed that it works once I package the game for shipping or developing but the node keeps failing returning no errors when I test it from editor with the standalone mode.

Anyway, I have made somekind of warning that forces the players to disconnect from Steam if they want to use LAN mode.
Is out there any workaround to let use LAN options correctly with Steam connected? It looks “ugly” to force users to disconnect from Steam.
I mean, I read in another post someone made a customized OSS which mixed Steam and Null.

[quote=“gon, post:2164, topic:30020”]

@theone866 Nevermind, I have noticed that it works once I package the game for shipping or developing but the node keeps failing returning no errors when I test it from editor with the standalone mode.

Anyway, I have made somekind of warning that forces the players to disconnect from Steam if they want to use LAN mode.
Is out there any workaround to let use LAN options correctly with Steam connected? It looks “ugly” to force users to disconnect from Steam.
I mean, I read in another post someone made a customized OSS which mixed Steam and Null.

He gave you the answer… bIsLanMatch=1 works with steam enabled.

My VR Template even uses it for local testing with steam enabled in its menu widget.

Hello, I am trying to make a Push to Talk Voice Chat, but I am having some problems. I manage to activate the UE4 Voice Chat with the PushToTalk on False.

But I want to make it Push To Talk and if I activate the Push To Talk on the DefaultEngine it simple don’t work, I can’t activate the Voice of anyone.

I am trying to Activate/Deactivate the Voice on the Character and Player Controller (tried both).

I am using the audio Feedback from 2 PIE opens and from a custom VOIP

Tried with both PlayerController and Character with the 2 Components

=======================

I tried everything for the Voice Chat to stop, this is my Character right now trying use Stop Network Voice, UnRegister, Mute, Deactivate the Components and nothing works

I updated the Plugin to see if it was the problem(It was not) and now Get Steam Game Played lost String that give the name of the game the friend is playing. :frowning:

[quote=“HeliaXDemoN, post:2167, topic:30020”]

I updated the Plugin to see if it was the problem(It was not) and now Get Steam Game Played lost String that give the name of the game the friend is playing. :frowning:

That never gave a real app name, it was using a dev only function that isn’t normally available without steams permission, so I removed that part eventually. It also would only return a game if it was on the local games list, rather than pretend that was good enough I removed it. The Steam WebAPI is the way to query for a list of apps that the app id given corresponds too.

As for the push to talk check your log for mic authority errors.

Hi @! Is there feature that can be used with seamless travel while join session?
I used Online Subsystem Null. JoinSession blocks the engine while loading. But I need to load transition level at loading time.
I tried to override ClientTravelInternal_Implementation and substitute seamless travel args to inherited call, but after joining it get back to main map.
It will be nice to use function like AdvancedJoinSession(bSeamless=true)

Thanks!

4.22 got merged into the main branch and 4.21 branch is locked.

Added download to the 4.22.0 binaries package,

, Hi, what does this mean? Where to find this functionality?

“We have greatly improved the usability of Steam NetDrivers with UE4 Beacons in addition to standard game networking.”

[quote=“Yakim, post:2184, topic:30020”]

, Hi, what does this mean? Where to find this functionality?
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b…-4-22-released

“We have greatly improved the usability of Steam NetDrivers with UE4 Beacons in addition to standard game networking.”

Beacons are unrelated to this plugin, for the rest of the steam changes see below, I had a txt document saved to paste for people when 4.22 released but they put it in the patch notes directly.

These definitions would have to be set in the Target.cs of your project file (IE: a source and not BP project).

[QUOTE]

• New: Projects targeting Steam releases no longer require source code edits to properly register their dedicated servers on Steam. This change also enables setting the application ID for shipping projects without further modifications to source as well. The following macros have been added and should be defined in the project’s Target.cs file:

• For projects that use dedicated servers, these must be defined for your servers:

• UE4_PROJECT_STEAMPRODUCTNAME

• UE4_PROJECT_STEAMGAMEDESC

• UE4_PROJECT_STEAMGAMEDIR

• Clients for dedicated server projects must have the following defined:

• UE4_PROJECT_STEAMGAMEDIR

• All Steam-based projects must have the following defined:

• UE4_PROJECT_STEAMSHIPPINGID

Please refer to the Steam project documentation regarding setting these flags and their appropriate values.

Also as a general note, my VR plugin grew beyond being easy to document so I had to spool up a website to cover documentation. When that part of it is fleshed out enough I’ll add a section for Advanced Sessions documentation and examples and keep it maintained as long as necessary.

Hello, I seem to be having a crash when I hook up the “Unique Net ID to String” node output. Everything seems to be in order for the actual function so I don’t know what the issue is. (Node setup is simple GetLocalSteamIDFromSteam->UniqueNetIDtoString on an Advanced Friends Game Instance child class.) If you need anything else to help identify the problem please let me know what.

Unhandled exception

UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions_0017!UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::UniqueNetIdToString() [C:\Users\Lucas\Documents\Unreal Projects\ThirdPersonRPG\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedSessionsLibrary.cpp:352]
UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions_0017!UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::execUniqueNetIdToString() [C:\Users\Lucas\Documents\Unreal Projects\ThirdPersonRPG\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Classes\AdvancedSessionsLibrary.h:28]

[Solved] I created a folder Plugins in project directory and add Advanced Sessions plugin in.
Hello, thanks for the plugins is awesome. I just have a problem, when i want to package my project, I got this error. Do you have any solution for this problem.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Reflection code generated for NetFPSSurvival in 10,1900958 seconds
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘AdvancedSessions’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in AdvancedSessions.build.cs to override.
PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘AdvancedSessions’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in AdvancedSessions.build.cs to override.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 16,0944291s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5