ADVANCED SESSIONS PLUGIN - Accepting Steam Invitation

Hi there, I’ve been using Advanced Sessions Plugin and I can host a game, join a game of choice etc through Steam, but I’ve also implemented an “Invite Friends” part, and it works inviting the friend, but when it comes to them accepting the invitation through steam nothing actually happens. I assumed it would autojoin the server the host has created. Any clue how to get it working? Thanks in Advance

1 Like

Okay so I’ve since figured out how to do this, so for anyone else having a problem with it I had to re-parent my game instance to Advanced Friends Game Instance, and the node is Event On Session Invite Accepted.

229723-howtoacceptsteaminvite.jpg

3 Likes

Do you mind posting your Invite Friends code?

I might ask myself if this is really working, when you dont have Steam Greenlight and Steamworks SDK integrated in to your project.

I testet this out exactly like you, trying to get it printed out which player accepted my invite, and it didnt worked. The invited person gets a notification that “Spacewar” has no valid server or something.

So how can you fix this?

Can you help me do you have discord?

Hello ,My session invite Accept cant work .but my steam recived the invite.why?

Hey dude, I’m so sorry I didn’t see this until now, I hope you got it sorted, if not lemme know and I’ll help you on discord

hey dude, as I mentioned above I had to reparent my game instance blueprint to Advanced Friend Game Instance. There’s an existing event called Event on Session Invite Accepted, and you basically join the session from there (as pictured above)

I use UE4.20.I had to reparent my game instance blueprint to Advanced Friend Game Instance. But There’s no an existing event called Event on Session Invite Accepted

i want know if you use ue4.20?

Oooh I don’t know why that would happen. reparent back to normal game instance, then probably disable then enable advanced sessions, then try again. I can’t think of any reason that might happen I’m afraid :confused:

Yeah both the games I’m working on at the moment are 4.20.2 and both of them work perfectly

Awesumsom please help me I can’t get the invites to work for some reason.

Awesumsom please help me I can’t get the invites to work for some reason.

Is this actually working? There is a note on this node that says it is not hooked up

Thank you!