Advanced locomotion system v4 - Camera lock-on

Hi, I’m trying to implement a camera lock-on system like in For Honor.
I’m following this tutorial : For Honor's Lock-On System | UE4 Tutorial - YouTube

I started my project on the Advanced locomotion system v4.

But I’m struggling with the camera management system. I don’t really understand how it works : I’d like to rotate and lock the camera to my target, but as there’s no spring arm or camera linked to my character, I can’t control it.

Do you have any clue on how to work with this camera management system ?

I tried overriding the problem by adding a crontroller yaw input of the difference of rotation between my camera and my target, but without success…

Thanks !

Hello there,
I’m having a similar issue. Have you found any solution yet?
These unreal forums man…

In your character blueprint, there’s a tag something like “ALS_Character”. Just remove that tag then you can add your own spring arm and camera like third person blueprint.

Hi guys

The camera distance and behaviors need to be set in the camera manager and the animbp for the camera since they work together, it can be done here:

1 Like

Hi , I am looking to change the PITCH value aswell, researching answer now. 1 question is: you pointed Agonarrlith to ALS_PlayerCamerasBehaviour to alter the LOCATION/ROTATION values. Could you tell me a little more detail? I can find LOCATION OFFSETS and PIVOT LAG SPEED, but no values for PITCH change. It might need to be added? Anyway, hope for a reply, all the best!

is there a way to disable and enable the camera during play?