Advanced Lightnings VFX [Niagara]

Hello there!
This is a Lightnings VFX plugin for Unreal Engine 4.

Video: click.

Plugin allows you to easily create realistic thunderbolt visual effects for weatherstorms and electric stuff. Based on Niagara FX System.

Lightnings effects are generated dynamically and built using configurable realistic spark simulation.

Lightnings have a lot of customizable parameters such as:

• visual parameters (color, width, intensity, flashing rate, shape);
  • branching parameters (rate, ammount, branches length and direction);
  • spark parameters (velocity, delays, intensity);
  • etc.

Over 2 minutes of sound FX are included.
Contains examples project.

More info on Marketplace.

Change log: click.

Honestly one of best purchases I’ve made - and I got 500 packages :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! Very glad to hear that:)

Hi there! Recently bought your plugin and had an issue. I attached the source and target to objects as in the documentation, but the effects don’t work at runtime, and if i click ‘Run emitter’ it just flashed white for a split second. Any idea what the problem is?
Also, I have Niagara installed already just in case that’s the issue.

Hello!
For now lightning emitters are not auto-activatable and you need to execute “Spawn lightning” function from blueprint code to activate emitter.
The “Run emitter” (as well as “Spawn lightning” function) button executes emitter just once, not in a loop. Did you see a lightning curve itself? If so - it is not a problem.
But if not - then try to activate emitters on Example map (in runtime), maybe there some issue in parameters of your emitter.

If your problem is still not resolved, please tell me:)

I will definetely add emitters’ looped execution and auto-activation in the next update.

4.24 how do I use it ?

Hello! 4.24 version is not supported for now. Plugin works at UE 4.25

Ah yeah that was the answer, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t find the Examples Project Level. I managed to find the content folder from the explorer but I’d recommend adding a section to the documentation to help a new user setup a project with those files. This is my first addon from the marketplace so I may be missing something.

Thanks!

Hello!
The examples project is separated from plugin’s content. You can download it here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ckMWrhSYrFBfCfnyYzGNJn616ty9YNq9/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for the long answer:).

Hi there - These sample projects dont seem to be in the folder now?

I install the plug in and nothing seems to appear - can you give me access to the examples?

Hello!

Examples map is now a part of the plugin’s content.
You can install the plugin to engine and access these files from any project.
Examples map and other files are located at the plugin’s content directory: click

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks Boss!! Looks like an awesome tool

Hello! I’m the one who was trying to get that Electro weapon to work properly. The Questions tab on the Epic Games Marketplace wasn’t there anymore so I’m continuing where we left off here. I tried to migrate things over but they were either broken or it was just not feasible to do so as the project is already far along in development. But I have a new folder with more images covering blueprints and the parameters of the branched lightning emitter. Let me know if you need any other info that may be missing from the folder! You should have access to it.
Unreal Engine 5 Troubleshooting Screenshots - Google Drive

Thank you!

Where is the documentatation for how to use this? And where is the example map? I mean i can drag the bp’s into a level but they dont do anything. I found the example map and brought the bp lightning emitter into a level with just a starfield and some nebula and , i can simulate and see that the lightning bp is active , but i cannot see any lightning. It works fine on your example level , i can see lightning , but on any other level i cannot see lightning.

When i copied it over this time , i got some lightning to show now, but how can you move the target and source separately to position them where you want? Ok i see how now , so so far so good.

Can you have more than 1 lightning bp on a level? It seems if i have 1 out , i can see the lightning , but if i add another , and both auto activate , its like the FPS just freezes up or something. Yea this thing is really jacked . You move it just a little and you cant see it anymore , its extremely hard on FPS when trying to run it. Freezes up the whole project.