Advanced Glass Material Pack (4K @60FPS video)

Hi Rallii, I’m glad you like it! This is only material pack so destruction meshes are not included. However, you can easily break your static meshes inside editor. (check this: https://youtu.be/3ktTrwJAE80?t=1m14s). Once it’s done, you can apply glass or any other material.

Perfect! Thank you good, sir!

Hi guys. I got an updarte. It’s been scheduled for release on September 30th!

Great news, super excited for it. Is it confirmed working with 4.9?

I’ve just checked the package on 4.9 and it’s working :slight_smile:

Update -> added new detailed overview video.

Big thanks for the asset, was insta-buy. :slight_smile: Looking excelent so far. Much plus from the many examples.

I have an issue with your glass that I am hoping yo ucan tell me how to fix. It is a weird ghosting effect that gets worse by distance… check out the screenshots. How can i fix this?

Hello Kurylo.

Are you using default settings for M_Glass_Rain_01 ? It looks like “refraction” parameter is too high. Try to set it close to 1 (like 1.05).

That “ghosting” effect on droplets can also be caused by SSR (screen space reflections). You can disable this in Wet Master Material:

ssr.JPG

Reflections on glass or transparent materials are in general Unreal Engine’s (or any game engine I think) bottleneck.

Let me know if that helped you. If not, I’ll try to recreate your scene and see what I can do with this.

Great scene btw!

None of that worked… i have refraction set to 0.0 in those screenshots.

Odd though refraction depth bias … increasing that a LOT makes that go away, but i have not experimented with that enough yet to see what kind of artifacts it would give me. juggling multiple tasks.

I’ll recreate similar scene and let you know.

I wouldn’t set refraction to 0.0 as it can warp the image. Values close to 1.0 are the best here.

I decided to make a special “Black Friday” sale.

Use “blackfriday” code on https://gum.co/UE_GlassPack to get $8 off.

Any chance you could ask Epic to apply the same discount in the marketplace?

I’m afraid it’s not that easy. It takes a little time to agree upon such sale and I just thought about it several hours ago. I wish I had contacted Epic earlier.

That’s alright. How long are you keeping this deal? End of the weekend?

That’s correct.

Just bought it there on gumroad.com
Could you please add a version number to the zip pack? So I will know whenever you put an updated version to download it. Thank You.

Thank you! The package works on version 4.8 and above, so you shouldn’t have any problems. If I change/add something in the future, I’ll upload new ZIP pack with different name. Let me know if you have more questions.

Michal

I’m currently preparing a new content update for everyone who purchased the pack. This will include 5 new glass templates (with 2K textures, as few of you have asked for higher resolution) and a glass brick asset (as shown below). The update should fix 4.10 compatibility issue as well.

quick video: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/896453/AdvGlassPack_Brick.mp4

f3fa004591d3a62a4cbaf7e81c9dfd0ebd19e87d.jpeg

Great work!