Advanced FPS/TPS Sample Project with the GameplayAbilitySystem plugin

I’ve released a new GAS sample project showcasing advanced techniques with hitscan and projectile guns for a FPS/TPS.

Concepts covered

• Ability Batching
  • Equippable weapons that grant abilities
  • Predicting weapon switching
  • Weapon ammo
  • Simple weapon inventory
  • Headshot bonus damage
  • Reusable, custom TargetActors
  • ReticleActors
  • Play replicated montages on multiple Skeletal Mesh Components belonging to the AvatarActor in an ability
  • Subclassing FGameplayEffectContext to send additional information to GameplayCues
  • Character shield that drains before health is removed by damage
  • Item pickups
  • Single button interaction system. Press or Hold ‘E’ to interact with interactable objects including player reviving, a weapon chest, and a sliding door.
2 Likes

looks cool!!

can I change the character model?

This looks very useful! Having wanted to build a weapons based ability systems game for awhile this is a good learning document! Would you accept contributions or is it purely solo?

Update June 8, 2020:

Added a single button interaction system. Press or Hold ‘E’ to interact with interactable objects including player reviving, a weapon chest, and a sliding door.

if there an overview video? : )

No video, sorry. There’s just lots of well commented code for people to read through, play with, and cross reference against my GAS documentation GitHub - tranek/GASDocumentation: My understanding of Unreal Engine 5's GameplayAbilitySystem plugin with a simple multiplayer sample project.

Amazing indepth documentation! Thanks!

2 Likes