Admod and Chartboost Ad's I need support from the Community

Hey guys and girls,

So I have been talking with admob and chartboost for a week or so now about getting support from them both too come join Unreal Engine 4. We have been emailing back and forth and are about too come too a agreement but I now need your help too push them too get started as soon as possible.

I have been using Unity for quite some time now too create my mobile games but am wanting too push to UE4 for everything. Im sure all of us are with that 5% and only $20 a month.

If you are willing too help please PM me and I will give you details on how you can push things forward.

Thank You

Meathead

I’m all for it! let me know how I can help :slight_smile:

Yup this is something high on my list to see happening - whats happening at the moment with it?

What all ad networks does Unreal support for now?

I hope epic realizes the necessity of having ad network options for mobile devs these days. This is probably the number 1 dealbreaker for mobile indie devs if not handled correctly, so if someone from epic could atleast comment on the matter it would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

I would like too know, how things are going on this topic?

When they will open marketplace there will be a lot of ads implementation to buy :wink:

4.2 will contain an extension point for advertising services (check out Engine\Source\Runtime\Advertising\Advertising\Public\Advertising.h in GitHub if you’re on unstable/main), so you can add additional providers without changing game code.

It seems likely that the only out-of-box providers we’ll have ready for 4.2 are iAds on iOS and AdMob on Android.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

thank you very much! this was needed. Is any of it exposed in BP’s (hopefully will be able too)? or will we need to use c++

We’ve got blueprint nodes exposed for it, though they’ve got kind of a temporary name right now (EXPERIMENTAL_ShowAdBanner and EXPERIMENTAL_HideAdBanner). Those functions are already present in 4.0 but they were hard-coded to only work on iOS iAd in 4.0 and 4.1. At head / in 4.2 they now go thru the IAdvertisingProvider interface.

If we rename the nodes, we’ll add a redirector so you shouldn’t have to update your Blueprints or anything.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

Hey, Michael Just wondering how is the advertising side of things going for mobile now?

The show/hide banner ad API is no longer experimental.

We ship with an implementation for iAd and TapJoy on iOS and AdMob on Android. For other providers you’ll either need to implement the IAdvertisingProvider interface yourself or ask the provider to do so.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

Hi Michael, is that just the Advertising side of Tapjoy, what about analytics etc?

+1 Would be great. I also contacted Chartboost and many other asking for UE4 plugins. None so far… But I am still looking lor. It’s a matter of time I guess.

Any news?

Cheers!

I can solve your problems! :smiley: I’m currently working on Universal Mobile Ads plugin for iOS & Android so you can check it here: Universal Mobile Ads for iOS & Android - Marketplace - Unreal Engine Forums