Adjust play rate on timeline not working

But you’re not changing the rate of timeline here. This would adjust the timeline’s rate:

Above you’re doing something to the skeletal mesh instead.

I have a morph target that is controlled by a timeline connected to my Event Begin Play. When the player health is above 180, the play rate is normal (1) which works fine. But I also want it so that if the health is below 180, the play rate increases (2). The timeline is on a loop, with auto play off. It should just keep repeating throughout the game, only thing I want to change is the rate.

It just keeps playing the same rate, it should go back and forth between normal and faster speeds depending on what level the health is.

Why should it? You’re still not adjusting the play rate.

Ok, I also tried hooking up an alternate timeline with a faster animation, that works going faster, but I can’t get it to go back to normal.

This setup doesn’t work either.

Probably closer to this:

Image from Gyazo

I tried that setup, didn’t work. I tested it with the left mouse button press and release.

I also tried it with the health setup. It checks for the health value, and it plays the first rate, but when the health value is false, it doesn’t switch. I’m thinking maybe it has something to do with my health setup perhaps.

I tried that setup, didn’t work. I
tested it with the left mouse button
press and release.

Could you show it?

What we have above is Begin Play. It will update only once, when the game starts. The timeline will not be automagically notified of a variable change. You will need another event to trigger it.

Consider the following: