We are Mojo Game Studios, an Indie company formed back in 2012, and ever since we have been developing our flagship title, Aderyn’s Cradle. Initially starting in Cryengine 3, we switched to Unreal 4 last year to take advantage of its unique blueprint system to make our combat, something we could not do in Cryengine. Since our success in implementing combat, we have been expanding the team and working towards a “vertical slice” of the game that we feel will capture what it would be like to play a full build of Aderyn’s Cradle. Now, we are currently on Indiegogo seeking funds to finish this “vertical slice” as well as produce a multiplayer alpha for release next year! We plan to have our game be about 2/3 the size of Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, as well as feature five unique classes, each with six different weapons that provide a variety of gameplay options. We have also built the Zen System, that tracks your standings with humanity, nature, and the gods, which causes your actions and choices in game to affect your balance with the three, altering the landscape as well as changing the world and its inhabitants in other ways. Please check out our videos below and let us know what you think!
Indiegogo Campaign Page: Aderyn's Cradle by Mojo Game Studios LLC | Indiegogo
The Soulfire, one of the symbols of the god Aderyn.
Visual is not bad but game play in video(right now what I have seen) need to be improve…especially enemy doesn’t move a lot (if player push then it move)and it’s just blocking a lot and attacking a few…feel less challenging…although I think work is in development .
The environments look very nice
Yes that video is just to display our combat conceptually, it’s very early stages right now, and the gameplay at the end is two of our team members fighting.
hey everyone! check out our new Pre-Alpha Combat Showcase:
Cradle’s Realfight Combat System is a new way to fight that uses proprietary technologies developed by Mojo Game Studios along with improvements over previous systems which all come together to bring you an unprecedented level of dynamic control.
- Deterministic Animations: Where you aim on your opponent determines the attack you execute. If you aim at the head of an opponent with a sword, for example, you are given only the attack options that would make sense for striking at someone’s head with a sword. The same goes for arms, legs, and any other area you zero in on. Simply by aiming and clicking the left or right mouse button, you are able to choose in real time not just where, but how you will strike.
- Order Determinism: Where you last struck has an effect on how your next attack will play out. This system adds fluidity and reactivity to first-person melee. In Cradle, if you have a sword and want to do a slash right at the torso of an opponent, followed directly by a slash left, simply aim at the right torso and click the right mouse button, then aim at the left torso and click the left mouse button. The result is a continuous slash to the right and back from the left; no awkwardly returning to idle in the middle of your chained attacks. RealFight lets you lay down fast and fluid combos like never before!
- Block/Parry Weight: Not all weapons are equal, and not all attacks can be blocked. In Cradle, each weapon has a unique weight that determines its ability to withstand blows from another weapon. Because of this relativity, when to block and when to dodge becomes a strategic decision. Parries are anticipatory, and happen when two weapons collide in combat.
- Directional Blocking: Very precise blocking as you shift right, left, up and down
- Proximity determinism: When your character gets too close to an opponent to swing their weapon, it instead pushes the opponent backwards to create space. After that, you can charge right back into the fray, with the distance you need to block, attack, or dodge!
Here are also some update screenshots of our progress in engine!: