Download

Additive morph target value clamping

Hey everyone,

I just posted a thread in the feedback section because I’m fairly sure there is no built in solution to this, but I figured i’d still pick your brains about that particular issue, in case anyone has a clever idea or workaround that I may have missed.

Basically there is currently no way to clamp morph target values, resulting in values shooting over 1.0 in certain additive animation setups.

Example:

How would you guys handle that kind of stuff ? I can think of some workarounds (baking the blinks in the squint anim…) but none seem very elegant or versatile/modular enough…

Thanks in advance for your input! :slight_smile:

Get the current squint morph target value and subtract from the blinking alpha.

ie remap the squint value from 0-1 to 1-0.5 and set that as the alpha of the blink

Or, just filter the final value in the animation BP with a manual clamp…

That would work if the squint pose was composed of a half blink+another morph, but that seems like a nonstandard way of doing facial animations. Normally squinting and blinking are discrete morph targets which can overlap.

Any morph is still a curve. However i don’t known how the value works on additive, it would stand to reason that extracting it and re-applying it after a clamp on tick should work…

see 25.40 onwards.