Is it possible to use the control rig as an additive layer to an existing animation? I tried long and hard and having an animation track anywhere near it makes the control rig controls disappear.
This is what i’m searching too. I dont undestand why they dont delivery that yet. this is just the firtst thing that any animator will need at first glance.
If you find please, let me know. I’ll do the same.
- Create a regular level sequence.
- Open the level sequence and drag your SK mesh into the timeline.
- Add an animation to the animation track.
- Right click on the SK mesh track (in yellow) to bring up the context menu.
- Select “bake to control rig” and select your control rig. this will bake the animation into control rig. you can now edit the controls for every frame if you want. But more you probably just want to add some additive adjustments.
- click on the “+ section” on your new control rig track and select additive.
- adjust any controls and this will be addtive to the baked animation (control rig) track above.
Note. for this to work you have to setup your control rig to backward solve