Download

Adding Weapon Constraints in UE4?

Can you add weapon constraints in ue4 with what I want to do? So I have a weapons pack from marketplace and a two handed sword comes with a skeletal mesh (has a socket on grip point. Based on what they said, my interpretation of why its there is to be able to do something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLn1Ep5Sz8

Is this possible to do directly in UE4 though. I managed to find a way to sheath and unsheathe a weapon in ue4, so the character will never permanently have it in his hands. Is there a way within UE4 directly to attach the left hand to a specific point on the grip socket, so no matter the animation being played, that left hand will do its best to stay in position.

The reason I am looking at doing this is because I just realized that no upon retargeting an attack animation I purchased to the ue4 mannequin, no matter where I place the weapon in the characters skeletal mesh, the left hand will be going through the sword at certain points or not touching the sword.

a second reason, I was thinking this would be a decent method to implement physics in the weapon so if two weapons hit against each other, I can make a blueprint that says to rotate the weapon a little bit and the hands will stay attached and slightly rotate with the weapon perhaps.

So, is this possible and where would I find this ability?