Adding subtitles to a cinematic video (Mp4)

Hello!,
I’ve seen that the subtitles system is based on audio files that contain small phrases (at least that’s what I’ve seen, but I’m a beginner). I would like to be able to put a whole cinematic video (even if I have to separate the image from the text) and subtitle it using a subtitle file like “.SRT” or similar. The idea of taking the audio out of the video, splitting it into small pieces and then reassembling it in unreal to finally put the texts in each audio file seems crazy to me.
Here is an example of a game (the subtitles are in one language, but as they are not embedded in the video they can be translated from the game; that’s one of my goals).

I have seen other posts and it seems that the option to put rts files was removed but all the posts are old and I don’t know how it is in Unreal 5:

In any case, can you think of a solution?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello again, does anyone know if there is any improvement in unreal 5.1 regarding subtitles? I can’t solve my problem and I don’t know if with the new version there is a new solution.

The only solution that I found is to do it your self. Add the text object, create simple library with start time, end time and text.
Then use onTick and get from the Media Player current track time by GetTime and show the text from the library.

I don’t see any other solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.