Adding skeleton to charecter model?

Hi, i got a charecter model into Ue4 but it dosent look like it has a skeleton. I should be able to see the skeleton by going to wireframe view, right?

But anyway, how can i add a skeleton to the model? or can it be animated without, i just need a simple running animation

You have to do that in a 3d program like blender, 3ds or maya. To see if it has a rigg, just double click onto the mesh and in the skeletal mesh editor at the left upper corner you can see the bones. When you cant see any bones, then you dont have a rigg.

I dont even see the skeletal mesh editor :confused:

:confused: Ok, then it is a static mesh. Then you will have to create a rigg and animations: ?v=DfXFs39bGI8 (you can also use the maya animation tool)

Okay thanks alot

I found the model online for free, the license says: “Personal use only License”

Am i allowed to make a game and publish it for free then? I’m thinking a little Oculus rift demo

I found this:

“Personal use means non-commercial use of the Media for display on personal websites and computers, or making image prints or video copies for personal use. The Media may not be used in any way whatsoever in which you charge money, collect fees, or receive any form of remuneration. The Media may not be used in advertising. The Media may not be resold, relicensed, or sub-licensed.”

So I think you are allowed to use it when you dont make any money with the asset

No, you do not want to use anything someone made commercially unless you paid for that right and or it is covered by an EULA for royalty free usage commercially. You also want to read over licenses like that too see if credits are required too. Seems like a “how would they even find me out of the whole internet”, but trust me the law somehow can pop up at anytime so just be careful when you are grabbing models online, specially on . (They have many stolen models in their store)

Hope this helps. Also if you lack rigging experience I would watch many videos on what ever 3D program you wish to use.