Adding rules that check for booleans located in controller blueprints?

I’m currently using the top down game template and I have the animation starter pack added to the project. Inside the mycontroller blueprint from the top down game project, I have a boolean named “IsAiming” that can be switched to true and false. Inside the ASP animation blueprint, I added a state named ironsights and I have a rule connected between idle and ironsights to check if “IsAiming” is pressed or not. However, I can’t seem to connect “IsAiming” from mycontroller without getting an error. I keep getting the error message

“Error This blueprint (self) is not a MyController_C, therefore ’ Target ’ must have a connection”

and

"Error Variable node Get IsAiming uses an invalid target. It may depend on a node that is not connected to the execution chain, and got purged.

Could someone please explain what I should do?

Could you post a picture of your transition rule? And also the part where you get the IsAiming variable from your player controller blueprint inside of animation blueprint. That will help to track down the problem.

You’ll want to “Get Player Controller” and then Cast. So “Get Player Controller, Cast to (Your Controller Here)” - Then from the “As (Your Controller Here)”, that’s what you’d use :>

Kitatus, I think I understand what you’re saying, but I’m still a bit confused.

, this is what I have so far for the default top down mycontroller blueprint

&stc=1

This is the state

&stc=1

This is the graph, I have a boolean created inside the animation blueprint named Aiming

&stc=1

What I want to do is to get the isAiming boolean inside myController and connect it to the Aiming boolean. The animation blueprint is the default included with the animation starter pack.