Adding Physics Components For Punching (Need Help)

So I’ve been following through with the UE4 Third Person Blueprint tutorials, and everything was going good, but when I try and add the spheres for collisions, I get a message “LogSkinnedMeshComp:Warning: GetSocketByName(): No SkeletalMesh for CharacterMesh0” and “LogBlueprint:Error: [compiler] Error blueprint (self) is not a PrimitiveComponent, therefore ’ Target ’ must have a connection” but I don’t know what went wrong/ what happened as I was following through the tutorials perfectly, I don’t know if they changed something with the engine update as some things are worded differently, or something’s just not right, any help would be awesome :slight_smile:

What character are you using, the default blue-man or a custom made character (or a mixamo character)?

Also, welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

Custom made, I followed the third person blueprint tutorials perfectly, it’s just latest one I’m on (21/22) somethings not right

Also, every time I save my collision sphere(s), they reset back to the center, and I can no longer move them, only after I rename them. :confused:

error message:

That is a blueprint not a phat tool one, can you check inside the blueprint and see which node is producing the error? It looks like the character is not being set properly, one of the nodes in the graph does not have it’s “Target” input set, causing error:

Since the character is not set it can’t find the socket.

Can you post a screenshot of your blueprint (and also the physics asset so we can see the) if you aren’t able to find the cause?

Thanks for the help! I actually just fixed it, somehow my skeleton and mesh got separated, but thank you :slight_smile:

Ah that makes sense, good to hear you got it working! :slight_smile:

Yes, thank you for the help, I’m sure I’ll need more of it in the future haha :slight_smile: