Adding new Dinos to Theisland Map?

Okay i Figured how to make a new Dino and also make spawn volumes but im Stumped on one thing how would i go about adding the new Dino to the original Map? The way i see it is i would have to be forced into makiing a TC and overiding the core spawns would there be a way to do it through Mod Only?

Make a copy of the spawn zone(s) you want to add it too. Once youve added new dino to your copied spawn zones you can go to the PrimalGameData and ‘Remap NPC Spawns’ then simply add the original spawn zone in the ‘from’ bix and add your new copy to the ‘to’ box

For Total Conversion you don’t need to remap anything if you just want a simple non-tame-able extra dino to appear… just link your new character BP in your mod folder using the spawner blueprints.

→ PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprinters/Spawners … and edit each DinoSpawnEntry file that you want your dino to appear in.

e.g.

DinoSpawnEntriesBeach

1. NPCSpawnEntries → + … then see how the devs populate this with existing examples… but using your new dino character class
  2. NPCSpawnLimits → + … then see how the devs populate this with existing examples… but using your new dino character class

Is that not just editing the core spawners? :slight_smile:

Ah I was replying from a Total Conversion perspective… you were replying from a additive mod perspective.

Let me edit and clarify that.

Ahh i see, just that i understood it as he wasn’t wanting to do a TC xD.

I was genuinely interested to know if there was another way to do it as a mod though because remapping spawns is a pain for blocking new dinos before the dev kit gets updated

Hey man, i am having troubles making a new dino. I have the blueprints, skeleton, textures, sounds, animations, and everything. Could you explain to me how to do it or link me to a helpful source?

Thanks for your time! -Blaizer

Literally on the Second Page of the forum is a How to Retarget and make new Dinos/Animation work.

Can you explain what a TC is compared to a normal game mod? I’m creating an NPC dino with new mesh added to the beach spawner