Adding 'known engrams' to players

I have a mod idea in mind for an alternative way in which players will learn engrams. To this end I will be altering the GameData so that players do not get EngramPoints to spend on lvlups.

The issue I have is that I want to have players use items in the world, or interact in some way with something and becouse of that learn specific engrams.

• I don’t want players just carrying around 5 million blueprints in their inventory, but I haven’t been able to find a function of any sort to ‘teach’ a player an engram

If anyone has some idea on how this could be achieved I’d be happy :slight_smile:

If I understand correctly you would duplicate PlayerPawnTest, go to components and select PrimalInventory, change its default inventory items to include what you like, and then in default engrams set the corresponding index to 1 if you want them to have an engram instead of an item when they start the game. The hard part will be getting the pawn to be overridden. You should only need to change the pawn set in testgamemode but I personally have not been successful in doing so.

That’d work fine for starting a character out with ‘known’ engrams’. But I’d like to do this during runtime. For instance with items that you’d find that would teach the character new engrams.